Songs that make us bust a move!
Nov 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #76 of 1,884
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[snip]

Back on topic:
These are definitely foot tappers for me. 

That first track really sneaked up on me, the longer I listened.  It's just barely inside my comfort zone of familiar genres, but it has such good musicianship it managed to stretch my horizons. Thanks!

I really like funk, but hadn't heard of Cymande.  Awesome!  

I went to Spotify and found some more good stuff by them.  One of my favorite funk groups is Con Funk Shun, by the way.

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #77 of 1,884

Oh wow!  That was immediately "accessible" to my tastes!   Yeah! 

It's such a simple, almost formul song, but it's got that hook!   Me like!  
L3000.gif

Thanks for introducing these guys - yet another group that was heretofore unknown to me.

Here's the Spotify link for slightly better audio:  The Tragically Hip – Little Bones

This isn't a toe-tapper, necessarily, but I really like it (from the same album) - it somehow reminds me Nick Drake:  The Tragically Hip – The Last Of The Unplucked Gems

Mike

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #78 of 1,884
Interesting thread!  I'll bite.  Here are a couple that I've been listening to lately that get me moving.

Kathleen Edwards - "Change the Sheets"

And this oldie-but-goodie by David Bowie...on Soul Train....

EDIT:  okay, one more....

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #84 of 1,884
  Interesting thread!  I'll bite.  Here are a couple that I've been listening to lately that get me moving.

Kathleen Edwards - "Change the Sheets"

And this oldie-but-goodie by David Bowie...on Soul Train....

EDIT:  okay, one more....

I really like that Katleen Edwards track - another new artist, for me.  Thanks!  

I wouldn't have guessed that David Bowie was a guest on Soul Train. That was cool!  

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #85 of 1,884

I really like that Katleen Edwards track - another new artist, for me.  Thanks!  

I wouldn't have guessed that David Bowie was a guest on Soul Train. That was cool!  

Another Kathleen Edwards track from the same album, Voyager, that is a bit of a toe-tapper.  Her BF is Justin Vernon of Bon Iver, and he produced that album, too.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #86 of 1,884

Oh wow!  That was immediately "accessible" to my tastes!   Yeah! 

It's such a simple, almost formul song, but it's got that hook!   Me like!  
L3000.gif

Thanks for introducing these guys - yet another group that was heretofore unknown to me.

Here's the Spotify link for slightly better audio:  The Tragically Hip – Little Bones

This isn't a toe-tapper, necessarily, but I really like it (from the same album) - it somehow reminds me Nick Drake:  The Tragically Hip – The Last Of The Unplucked Gems

Mike

This is the song that made them famous...

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #89 of 1,884
This is a good toe tapper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back