Songs that make us bust a move!
Jan 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #118 of 1,884
Shiver my spine... is that "busting a move?"  How about a chill?   Both of these involuntary reactions occur when I listen to some selections on the CD Joseph Grado:  The Ultimate Dramatic Tenor."   Three songs that give me shivers are his "Vesta La Bubba," a performance with organ accompaniment, "O Sole Mio," a live performance at Carnegie Hall, and "Nessun Dorma." recorded in the studio he set up at Grado Labs in Brooklyn.

Yep... it's THAT Joseph Grado.  Though it does not say so on the record, I would bet that some are recorded with his Holographic Scalera Scanner microphone that he invented, and for which he developed the HP-1000 headphones as a way to better diagnose the quality of recordings.

So as I sit listening to Joseph Grado, tenor, through the HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner playing through my HPA-1 Joseph Grado Signature Products headphone amp and into my HP1000 HP-1 Joseph Grado signature products headphones, I ask... what more is there to life?

Joseph Grado The Ultimate Dramatic Tenor - picture of Joseph in costume as Otello painted by his brother Angelo.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #119 of 1,884
When I grew up and the older generation would rave about jazz with Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, and so on I politely listened but inside of myself I thought: "Oh god, this is sooo boring, let it be over with already". What I loved and what got me going was my generation's music; The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc, and The Sonics' song "Have Love, Will Travel". It got me moving involuntarily then, and 50 years later still does. I guess the younger generation will think "Oh god, this is sooo boring, let it be over with already" 
wink.gif

​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back