SONGS THAT BRING SAD> Fu**ed UP>OR PLEASANT MEMORIES!!!
Jun 16, 2008 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Audirephilos

100+ Head-Fier
There's this song that got stuck in your head due to a sad, ****ed up, or pleasant situation. I remember when I was a about 9 years old, and my school bus had the radio playing with this song: "If you leave me now" by "Chicago" then.....all of a sudden the Bus brakes so hard and we all end up kissing the seats in front of us. When we got out of the bus, there was this little kid about 5 years old on the floor all bloody and dead. Every time I listen to this song I remember that awful accident.

Do you guys have any like that? Good or bad just tell it!!!

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 12
Fort Minor - Kenji

It's from a very small list of songs that can do a very good job of pumping me up/driving me into a rage. Why, specifically? I'm part Japanese.

Edit: On a lighter note, I've always loved CCRs "Bad Moon Rising". I grew up listening to them, and it was my favourite song as a kid. I often blurted out the words (in an attempt to sing) when we were driving around and they've put it on. Mind you, I was 2-5 years old, so I had an excuse for being a bad singer
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 12
I am not sure of the exact reason for the connection. It is probably two fold: I was really into the song at the time and it makes some sense lyrically within the context of the incident.

"Bad Dream" - Keane, Reminds me of my best friend Eric who killed himself about 1 year ago. The sense of helplessness in the song draws a parallel to the emotions Eric relayed to me in the weeks leading up to his death.

R.I.P. Brother, you shall not be forgotten.

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 12
side one of IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA by Neutral Milk Hotel. Let's just say that it's the one "event" everyone wants to remember as special that I'll always remember more because of the music that was playing. The theme of insanity in that record was especially fitting.. ugh.

Jun 18, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal_Blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure of the exact reason for the connection. It is probably two fold: I was really into the song at the time and it makes some sense lyrically within the context of the incident.

"Bad Dream" - Keane, Reminds me of my best friend Eric who killed himself about 1 year ago. The sense of helplessness in the song draws a parallel to the emotions Eric relayed to me in the weeks leading up to his death.

R.I.P. Brother, you shall not be forgotten.

wow....may he rest in peace!

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 12
Nothing specific, but many songs bring up generic feelings for me. The song "Comalies" by Lacuna Coil always reminds me of autumn, and the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles soundtrack reminds me of spring, for some reason.

Jun 19, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_TNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Scatman (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop)" reminds of a mandatory school dance in my first year of high school. It was a total sausage party.

confused.gif
Why in the world would a school dance be mandatory?

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing specific, but many songs bring up generic feelings for me. The song "Comalies" by Lacuna Coil always reminds me of autumn, and the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles soundtrack reminds me of spring, for some reason.

oddly, i agree with the final fantasy thing - every damn soundtrack to EVERY final fantasy game sounds like spring time!

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 12
"The Process of Losing and Gaining" by Before Today. Its a pretty emo song I wont lie (I used to be into that music a lot more) but the song, especially the end which consists of vocal harmonies brings me back to a [very] bad relationship I had in the past. Obviously Im not comparing that to the death of a friend, but it was definitely not a finer point in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back