songs flickering with HD 598. Help
Nov 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alterndog

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

So I just got my HD 598 today. While listening to several songs on them, there has been a kind of quick flickering where the song quality kinda flickers for a half second. It has happened a couple of times with both plugged into my computer and my e11. I hadn't noticed this with my RE-262s. Is this the headphones or something else?

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 4
This sounds like a software problem. You might not notice it so much with IEMs like your RE-262 but with Sennheiser's more revealing full size headphones it becomes apparent. It would be a very unusual defect for a set of headphones from what you describe. Can you try your headphones on someone else's setup? It could be something has corrupted on your computer files and is causing a weird effect like this.

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 4
I tried it on my iphone last night and didn't get any flickering, so it probably is the files/itunes. What would you suggest is the best way to fix this?

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 4
If you are using a Windows PC then because of the way files can get overwritten then it is virtually impossible to repair or identify which files have corrupted if that is the problem. Many different applications on a computer may write files relating to music, the more applications you have the higher the chances that something will get messed up. Re-installing the streaming application might cure the problem. However for all I know you might be using a Mac or Linux. It could also be a hardware issue or a shielding/electrical issue. Computers with magnetic disks are sometimes not ideal for music due to noise and interference as well as other problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back