Song to test out the dt770
Sep 7, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #16 of 30
THX - Bass test

War - Low Rider

Sep 7, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #18 of 30
Gorillaz's Demon Days has a few tracks has reasonable bass resonance.

Overlunge

Sep 7, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Gorillaz's Demon Days has a few tracks has reasonable bass resonance.

Overlunge

I didn't know how mcuh bass my HD555 had before I got that cd. I was impressed.
basshead.gif
Definitely try that one.

How is the DT770 for rock? As much as I like the HD555 they could be more fun and I think I need to get something closed.

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #20 of 30
Make sure you burn it in first.

Sabrina, Neubauten (opening note)
I Think I'm In Love (Chemical Brothers Remix), Spiritualized (beautiful synth glissandi)
Clipped (I think), Curve -- there a nice "thump" at the climax

Make sure you burn them in, first.

EDIT: The entire Audio album from Blue Man Group. Properly (HDCD) decoded a plus.

Sep 7, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #22 of 30
Funny that it's boring american singer / songwriter stuff he gets suggested so much. Still waiting for someone to suggest Bob Dylan or Tracy Chapman
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by skip
Anything off the Album "Decksandrumsandrockandroll" by the Propellerheads
basshead.gif

Yeah, For Her Majesty's Secret Service used to be my fave bass track until I realized that all that snappy electronic bass was actually midbass - there is another level, my friend...a deeper, darker level...

Sep 7, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 30
Radiohead - Fog. A B-side from the Amnesiac era, has some wicked bass at the beginning
basshead.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #27 of 30
The complete Fight Club Soundtrack is a serious recommendation for nice Bass. But do yourself a favor and listen to this song:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39YPCR1O
That's actually music created for testing subwoofers, if you're into Car-HiFi you might know that there are maniacs who would do anything to get their car vibrating because of the immense bass. The song itself is kind of odd, but quite funny. Could be louder, but don't pump up the volume too much. have fun
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back