Song Recommendations for When Really P'Oed?
Aug 25, 2004 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

mrplow

100+ Head-Fier
mad.gif
My personal fave and recommendation is Pixies - Rock Music... two non-stop minutes of Frank Black screaming at the top of his lungs (one of the best in biz at that) backed by David Lowering's relentless psychodrumming and Joey Santiago's feedback-drenched guitar squalls. My second pick would be Primal Scream - Accelerator... looking for recommendations of songs similar to those mentioned above; ie ADRENALINE-pumping songs with NONSTOP driving beats, ANGRY guitars, and SCREAMING-till-hoarse vocals.
mad.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 22
I find outraged women convey anger nicely.
Lots of tracks from Hole's 'Live Through This' used to be perfect when pissed. Also a song called 'You've made my crap list' (live rendition) by an all girl band, I'm too lazy to search through my unorganized stacks to identify them.

The original hit-the-nail-on-the-head of rage for me were The Sex Pistols.

Aug 25, 2004 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 22
Something from drowning pool ?
I think their song "let the bodies hit the floor" is quite suitable for angry moments..

.... although Michael Bolton's songs are quite acceptable too...
plainface.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #5 of 22
dont you guys think listening to soothing relaxing music would be better when you're po'ed. It would make you more relaxed so you're not so tensed up. just my opinion tho.
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
dont you guys think listening to soothing relaxing music would be better when you're po'ed. It would make you more relaxed so you're not so tensed up. just my opinion tho.
biggrin.gif

Get it out of your system first, then relax to some relaxing music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 22
I like a hard, brutal song when I'm PO'd. Let the anger in the music take the anger from my brain, then it's gone. Then something a bit mellow to relax and rinse out the traces that are left behind.

Slayer works very well. So does a song by Hot Buttered Elvis titled screw You. I haven't been upset for so long, that I forget what songs I really liked.

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 22
Mine is going to be a little bit against the flow.

Radiohead - Creep

This song is unbeleivably depressing, so i find when im angry or depressed, i can listen to this song, and it somehow makes me less so. Creep taken off rotation on several radio stations because it was labeled too depressing.
eek.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 22
My angry songs:

Slayer - Just about anything outside of South of Heaven
Rage Against The Machine - Anything off their first 3 CDs
Guns N' Roses - It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, Hair of the Dog
Damageplan - screw You
Alice in Chains - Again, Grind, Dam That River, Man in the Box
Metallica - Battery, Damage Inc., Stone Cold Crazy, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Green Hell, Killing Time...
Pantera - screwing Hostile, Mouth for War
White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65, Super-Charger Heaven, I Am Hell
S.O.D. - Anything off their first CD (except for the Ballad of Jimi Hendrix and Diamonds and Rust)
Sepultura - Arise, Orgasmatron

And just to lighten the mood...
Cheech & Chong - Let's Make A Dope Deal, Basketball Jones
Monty Python - Penis Song

Aug 25, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #12 of 22
Black Flag--Depression
Fishbone--Pressure
Ween--You screwd Up
anything by Atari Teenage Riot

Aug 26, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #14 of 22
Hmm PO'd music

Anything by Strapping Young Lad
smily_headphones1.gif
Devin is one angry man
smily_headphones1.gif

hmm also brujeria or some nailbomb or even static-x

or my current fav a local sydney bad called tourettes ( a very angry young landy witrh lungs of leather )
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back