Sonarworks True-Fi
Jun 19, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #31 of 41
So for me. No matter if im listening on the 6xx or hd800s, I have to lower volume to avoid clipping. If you pay attention to the music without lowered volume for clipping option slected, you will notice the vocals in bass heavy songs fading in and out. It will slightly sound like a veil is put over their voice whenver the bass comes in heavier. I use the song Esskeetit by Lil Pump, and Boo'd Up by Ella Mai as an example. If you pay attention you will hear the bass veiling out their voice. If you turn on the lower volume to avoid clipping, you will have better seperation of voice and bass. Much cleaner
No wonder I never noticed the issue to which you refer, I wouldn't be listening to to artists you cite on a dare, nor probably to any music with the level of bass to which you refer. I don't have dual 15"woofers in the back of a civic either.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #32 of 41
No wonder I never noticed the issue to which you refer, I wouldn't be listening to to artists you cite on a dare, nor probably to any music with the level of bass to which you refer. I don't have dual 15"woofers in the back of a civic either.
I listen to nearly all genres, and only have the problem with bass heavy RnB and trap genres.

Oct 24, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #35 of 41
Has anyone tried or been using True-Fi?
Ive downloaded the free trial,and its like wow my he400i has really come to life,the only thing is that I am getting some clipping,but its fun being able to tune my headphones.
I also tried them with my 700s ,still had to adjust the treble though.
Before buying Id like to get some feed back from the community.

I bought cause I quite like what it does. Seems to me everything opens up, quite dramatically with certain headphones. My 600's never sounded so good ... 1060's the same. I find I'm adjusting highs and lows for each album. Not sure about clipping. I don't seem to be hearing it. I'm running from a MacBook Pro to Mojo (set to DAC only), to either an Asgard 2, or LD ll, depending on the cans. Even my MSR7's are up a notch, which surprised me. Maybe the best 80 bucks I've spent in a long time on audio ?? Other than some Donald Fagen music :)

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #36 of 41
Sonarworks is planning to bring true-fi for ios
But it is delayed - hope it will be avaliable soon
Does anyone have infos therefore?

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #37 of 41
Haha, funny, just looking in apple store
Sonarworks is NOW avaliable

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #38 of 41
One problem I imagine the app will have on iOS is that most headphones I want to use it with will need an external amp or dac/amp to fully power the headphones, and at the moment the app doesn't interface with that, all it does is EQ my underpowered headphones.

Another problem on android is that the player doesn't have a native player built in. On my Android DAP selecting local files does nothing because I have the stock player uninstalled.

Dec 4, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #39 of 41
There is a "lower volume to avoid clipping" setting.

I know there is. I don't care to use it.

But if you don’t use it there is almost guaranteed to be clipping in the digital signal before it ever hits your DAC. That’s just what happens when you apply an EQ curve to a song that’s been mastered hot (like most modern music) whose original spectral balance is close to pink noise (like most modern music).

Use the lower volume option and turn up your amp to compensate. There’s no danger as long as you’re not increasing the overall SPL output.

Feb 26, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #40 of 41
Maybe the best 80 bucks I've spent in a long time on audio ?? Other than some Donald Fagen music :)

I do believe you, and for a simple reason. A well made equalization is the best way to make an headphone sound better. It also happens to be the only way but don't say it too lound around here.

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #41 of 41
The problem I'm having is the sound actually hits harder when not using that option, corrected for volume. It's like having a party versus listening to music at a get-together (let's say as adults). The former sounds more fun. If I don't use this option could I damage my headphones in the long run? How about my ears?
No. You just have a change of a little bit of distortion. No danger for your ears or headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back