Jul 20, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #49 of 69

Received this today aannnnnnd... the right channel is dead
frown.gif

Aw, man, that sucks.....

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #50 of 69
Jul 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #51 of 69

Received this today aannnnnnd... the right channel is dead
frown.gif

indeed that sucks, though it def dead, you tried swirling round the connector in the socket?  if things have sat for a bit a tiny bit of oxidisation can impeede the signal.  prob wont the issue but you know, no harm in trying

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #52 of 69
indeed that sucks, though it def dead, you tried swirling round the connector in the socket?  if things have sat for a bit a tiny bit of oxidisation can impeede the signal.  prob wont the issue but you know, no harm in trying

I did but no luck. Then i tried the volume higher than my listening level, it turns out right channel has sound but very low. It's like if my usual listening volume is 25, right channel is about 5.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #53 of 69
I did but no luck. Then i tried the volume higher than my listening level, it turns out right channel has sound but very low. It's like if my usual listening volume is 25, right channel is about 5.

Hope it works out with the replacement, and that you can get it quick. I know how long you had to wait for this pair 
frown.gif

Side note: posted a comparison between Somic V2 and iSK HP2011 in the Chinese/Asian thread, if anyone's interested.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #54 of 69

ahh, that sucks but such it reality of life, sometimes you get a dud one.  however im sure george will set you straight and get things sorted for you.  ive always found him to be quite amenable in dealing with.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #55 of 69
ahh, that sucks but such it reality of life, sometimes you get a dud one.  however im sure george will set you straight and get things sorted for you.  ive always found him to be quite amenable in dealing with.

Amen brother, if gearbest warranty policy that i should return the headphone, it will costs me $45 per kilo. Hope George can do something.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #56 of 69
I need your advice. As for full-size headphones, right now I have Sennheiser HD598 and Takstar Pro80. Takstar cans are cheap and have very good SQ but I really much more prefer airy sound of my HD598 (because of open design of these cans).  

Therefore I am considering to buy Somic v2 because these cans are open too and 36$ on Gearbest is such a good price. From Somic v2 I expect Takstar Pro80 sound quality plus feeling of air and space. But unfortunatelly in the Somic v2 review it is written that these are not so much open and airy.

What do you recommend? Is it a good idea to replace Takstar Pro80 with Somic v2?

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #57 of 69
hi, well the they may be what your looking for however they are somuwhat thicker prenestation style than if your haping for something just like the hd598, but of course the 598 cost waaaaaay more so your never going to got something as good without spending more.

however them being open, warmer presentation or not they will have acoustic differences to the closed takstars (whichi ive not heard though) so it may not be as much as you are wanting.  however they are soooooooo cheap you way find that even if not as airy as you want, that you have baged soemthing you are happy to have gotten.  i mean they really are so nice for the money

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #58 of 69
  I need your advice. As for full-size headphones, right now I have Sennheiser HD598 and Takstar Pro80. Takstar cans are cheap and have very good SQ but I really much more prefer airy sound of my HD598 (because of open design of these cans).  

Therefore I am considering to buy Somic v2 because these cans are open too and 36$ on Gearbest is such a good price. From Somic v2 I expect Takstar Pro80 sound quality plus feeling of air and space. But unfortunatelly in the Somic v2 review it is written that these are not so much open and airy.

What do you recommend? Is it a good idea to replace Takstar Pro80 with Somic v2?

You already have a very good mid-fi open headphone. No need to buy another budget one, unless you're a collector (like me)

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #59 of 69

You already have a very good mid-fi open headphone. No need to buy another budget one, unless you're a collector (like me)

You are right, my Senns HD598 are almost excellent. But as they were more expensive, I have to protect them from my kids. So I cannot leave them on my desktop days and weeks without supervision. So when I am not using them, I put them in a drawer, which is sometimes tiresome.

That is the reason why I need some additional full-size headphones that are both good and cheap so I can leave them on the desktop permanently connected to my USB DAC (I have Audinst mini and HiFime Sabre 9018). And Somic v2 seems to be a good choice for that. At least I hope.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #60 of 69

You are right, my Senns HD598 are almost excellent. But as they were more expensive, I have to protect them from my kids. So I cannot leave them on my desktop days and weeks without supervision. So when I am not using them, I put them in a drawer, which is sometimes tiresome.

That is the reason why I need some additional full-size headphones that are both good and cheap so I can leave them on the desktop permanently connected to my USB DAC (I have Audinst mini and HiFime Sabre 9018). And Somic v2 seems to be a good choice for that. At least I hope.

Well, if you do buy them, I'd love to know how they compare :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back