something wrong with my turbines?
Jan 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

redgreenpaper

New Head-Fier
im extremely naive and have just purchased my monster turbines from an unauthorized dealer for $110. they are genuine but they are obviously used. the earbud is chipped and one of the filters are indented.

but the thing that pisses me off the most is that there is more bass on the right earbud. when i asked about this he said that it was how the earphones are made.

so can anyone tell me whether or not this is true? is there actually supposed to be more bass on one side of the earphones?

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 10
Same here. I bought it a month ago in BestBuy Canada. I really enjoy turbines but all the sudden, the left earbud produces a blurry and softer sound compare to the right earbud. They were perfectly balanced before but now...
triportsad.gif

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #4 of 10
Monster has really poor quality control and build quality consistency. The reason for one side having more bass is due to driver flex. After you insert the side, that has less bass, inside your ears, pull out a little(this will let the driver flex back to original state, producing the correct bass amount). This happened to my Turbines; its getting on my nerves. I'm planning to RMA(3rd time) it soon. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #6 of 10
interesting i use my golds all the time and have never noticed it. ill post again if i start noticing it.

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 10
I tend to think you have a defective pair. The left housing of my Coppers have split apart but it still didn't affect the SQ at all, you should send them back and get a refund unless they are under warranty.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 10
hmm but im pretty sure that its my turbines that are screwed because when i put the right ear bud into my left ear, there is still more bass on the right earbud. so i dont think it has anything to do with my ears

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #9 of 10
When I said you have a defective pair, I didn't mean your ears, I meant the Turbines are defective, you should send them back for a refund. I was using my example to illustrate how badly made they are, but at least mine came with a lifetime guarantee.

Quote:
hmm but im pretty sure that its my turbines that are screwed because when i put the right ear bud into my left ear, there is still more bass on the right earbud. so i dont think it has anything to do with my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back