Something sexy and cheap? Flush the beats.
Sep 30, 2012 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

CrispyToast

New Head-Fier
Time to flush the beats - I'm sure you get these threads all day long. 

But basically I want something that looks attractive like the beats, but something that doesn't have the typical record player sounding **** audio quality like the beats.

Some examples of what im goin after:

Polk UltraFocus 8000 NC
Klipsch M40 Mode
Sennheiser HD 598

I'm really going after that futuristic look..the glossy color, preferably white, blue, gray, or black....But doesn't really matter.

If anybody could find me something nice that I can get for under $200, it would be much appreciated:) 

Thanks in advance!

-Toast

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 32
look into some V-moda 80's ( customizable earplates ), or maybe a Phaiton ( MS 400 carbon fiber looks incredible ), Philips also has some nice looking stuff these days.
All around or under your budget range.

Should be enough impressions for all of them in here somewhere

In reference to the record player @##@ quality try and use the best quality bit rates you can for your files ( I assume you use digital files ) in case you already don't that is :)

looking forward to suggestions.

AND WELCOME TO HEAD-FI

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 32
You just called Beats attractive and said record players sound like ****.... I'm struggling to contain my rage

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 32
Did you mean gramophone? Record players usually sound quite good.

And I didn't love the Klipsch, have never heard of the Polk, and am befuddled by the inclusion of the Senn. It's both open and probably not as bassy as you probably want.

I second the Phiatons. The MS400 is really cool-looking with its carbon fiber. Sounds pleasant too.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 32
you can try V-moda, and the new Sennheiser Momentum. i saw it once on the street, the Momentum looks really awesome and fascinating :)

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:
You just called Beats attractive and said record players sound like ****.... I'm struggling to contain my rage

maybe they have only heard old popping dusty scratched broken stylus plastic kmart record players
wink_face.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Still have yet to hear a Record rips sound better than the CD, just sayin.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #11 of 32
check back in if you decide on something.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:
Still have yet to hear a Record rips sound better than the CD, just sayin.

Okay, now this being said 'Wish you were here' just sounds SO right on Vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back