Something I really like about this place
May 12, 2011 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

nextmick

New Head-Fier
Having been reading stuff on here for many months now, there is one thing in particular that I really like about this place...

Nobody seems to criticize the type of music people listen to.

This place seems to be the only place on earth where people that listen to instrumental, ska, hip-hop, country and electronic music can all get along, talk about their music, and have a lovely conversation with each other.  Nobody bashing the other.  No hating.  Just good conversation in search for a better sound, and I like that.

Thanks for getting along everybody.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. =)

Okay... you can go back to your UE,Shure,Westone,Sennheiser debates now.... the moment is over. =P

May 12, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 18
When I play my music at school people promptly unplug my device and tell me my music is crap before plugging in their iThings and playing the latest mass-produced cash-grab crap they ripped from YouTube at 64kbps. Head-Fi does indeed seem to deflect this sort of douchery.

May 12, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 18
lol ripped from youtube =_= . .

May 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
When I play my music at school people promptly unplug my device and tell me my music is crap before plugging in their iThings and playing the latest mass-produced cash-grab crap they ripped from YouTube at 64kbps. Head-Fi does indeed seem to deflect this sort of douchery.

Thats why i keep my iPod away from people
happy_face1.gif
I have lots of classics, but you have to be their at the right time when your friend catches you on an alright pop culture song. 

May 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 18
I love all sorts of music and i'm sure theres stuff that others may not like or in fact hate in my collection but thats alright since its my taste and not theres. When someone tells me they like a particular type of music, even if I don't, I think its good for you to respect the other persons taste.

Besides Head-fi is about the musical journey ,and getting the best sound you can, its up to the users to find out what journey they want to take.

May 12, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 18

Quote:

This is totally going into my sig as a quote. hahaha well said fraseyboy!

May 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 18

I think it's hilarious that it is infact in your sig now.

Also, I agree. I haven't heard/said one bad thing about someone's music preferences here on Head-Fi. The worst you'll get is 'It's not really my style.' and that's about it.
Quote:
This is totally going into my sig as a quote. hahaha well said fraseyboy!

May 12, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 18
TBH coming from forums like ProgArchives first time i went to the music section here and sound out people bought 1500$ headphones to listen to rap i was shocked and confused. but then i learn to ignore them 
tongue_smile.gif

May 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
Having been reading stuff on here for many months now, there is one thing in particular that I really like about this place...

Nobody seems to criticize the type of music people listen to.

This place seems to be the only place on earth where people that listen to instrumental, ska, hip-hop, country and electronic music can all get along, talk about their music, and have a lovely conversation with each other.  Nobody bashing the other.  No hating.  Just good conversation in search for a better sound, and I like that.

Thanks for getting along everybody.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. =)

Okay... you can go back to your UE,Shure,Westone,Sennheiser debates now.... the moment is over. =P

I noticed that to an extent but there is always exceptions. I had someone call my music crap on here. He said something like its all screaming and no talent, he continued on to say that he didn't understand how anyone could enjoy it.

But in general i have noticed people are pretty accepting of things on here. There is some mainstream music bashing though but that is to be expected when the people here enjoy well recorded music.

May 12, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 18

Bashing recording quality vs bashing the actual music is different though.

Also, as far as it goes I wouldn't ever call someone's music crap, but I do sometimes get that idea of 'how could someone enjoy this?' To each their own, but I can't imagine a genre like Speedcore being enjoyable (for example).

Quote:
I noticed that to an extent but there is always exceptions. I had someone call my music crap on here. He said something like its all screaming and no talent, he continued on to say that he didn't understand how anyone could enjoy it.

But in general i have noticed people are pretty accepting of things on here. There is some mainstream music bashing though but that is to be expected when the people here enjoy well recorded music.

May 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
Bashing recording quality vs bashing the actual music is different though.

Also, as far as it goes I wouldn't ever call someone's music crap, but I do sometimes get that idea of 'how could someone enjoy this?' To each their own, but I can't imagine a genre like Speedcore being enjoyable (for example).

My music is generally REAL Heavy Metal (not Nu Metal, Metalcore, or any kind of Core stuff), and the one they commented on was a folk metal band from Germany.

May 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #12 of 18

My music is generally REAL Heavy Metal (not Nu Metal, Metalcore, or any kind of Core stuff), and the one they commented on was a folk metal band from Germany.

Kettle meet pot.

May 12, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 18

Quote:

What band? 

May 12, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #14 of 18
May 12, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #15 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back