Something 'big' coming from SanDisk
Mar 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #16 of 82
Big news is a totally new product.

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 82
Bigger capacity(32GB, 64GB), bigger screen and high capacity Micro SD music slot cards included.

Mar 21, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #18 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big news is a totally new product.

I dunno...When they say "Something BIG Is Coming", it seems pretty clear (in the context of the "Memory Full" message that begins the animation) that they're talking about storage capacity. We shall see...but I'm not betting on anything too revolutionary.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #21 of 82
Since it released the news at engadget.. i believe it would have nothing to do with higher capacity DAPs.. since there is the existence of 160gb ipod already, its not something "new".
Furthermore, since they publicized to the general consumers, they for one, do not really need huge capacity.
So I personally cross out the chances of a dap with extraordinary large capacity.

but yes, the chances of a whole new series of dap with something extra ordinary which is that appealing, that is worth hyping about is quite high.

64gb micro sd ? possible, but the chances of it happening is below a whole new series of dap imo.

Hmm, so whats so special about their new series of dap that appeals to general consumers ??
big screen for video.. ? can't think of others already

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #22 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since it released the news at engadget.. i believe it would have nothing to do with higher capacity DAPs.. since there is the existence of 160gb ipod already, its not something "new".
Furthermore, since they publicized to the general consumers, they for one, do not really need huge capacity.
So I personally cross out the chances of a dap with extraordinary large capacity.

but yes, the chances of a whole new series of dap with something extra ordinary which is that appealing, that is worth hyping about is quite high.

64gb micro sd ? possible, but the chances of it happening is below a whole new series of dap imo.

Hmm, so whats so special about their new series of dap that appeals to general consumers ??
big screen for video.. ? can't think of others already

So you're saying because there is already a 160GB iPod Classic and an 8GB Fuze there shouldn't be anything in the middle? Companies release "new" capacity players all the time.

You're acting like SanDisk is going to release a 100GB+ player, it can be a 16 or 32GB or 64GB player with a microSD slot (which it will most likely have since it's more profit for SanDisk if people also buy their memory)

While yes it is possible for a new line of DAP's, I personally doubt it. They are at a great price point and I doubt they'll want to compete with the iPod Touch. A higher sized Fuze can be big news because many people want one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't be serious. I mean how the heck can you browse 32gb of music with that kind of screen?

Oh yeah, because the 160GB iPods screen is so much larger (only .6in) than the Fuze's. Unless you meant the Clip, but again, to each their own, I personally don't care if the screen is small.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #23 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilipV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, because the 160GB iPods screen is so much larger (only .6in) than the Fuze's. Unless you meant the Clip, but again, to each their own, I personally don't care if the screen is small.

He meant the Clip.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #25 of 82
Please no more touch screens. A 64 gig Clip with an alphabet scroll like the Creative Zen, and sells for 50 bucks. That'll put fire in Apples rear. Ipods are fine products, but they need some competition on the DAP front.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #26 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, just a small question, are we sure its a dap ?

No, not at all.

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #27 of 82
I won't say a Fuze or a Clip or a micro SD to be 'big'
tongue.gif
2 more days to go!

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #28 of 82
-delete post-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back