someone know Aiwa HP-vx100, it's pretty like sony EX-70
Nov 7, 2002 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 8
HI: I think that the vx sound better but the koss -35 or koss portapros are way better in my opinion.

Nov 7, 2002 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 8
I have both the EX-70's and the HP-vx100's.

Speaking about sound quality, the 70's have way too much bass emphasis, and are lacking in the highs. They almost sound muffled. This is without the mods that are described in detail here on Head-Fi and evidently result in a better overall sound quality. The vx100's have good bass and good highs. The detail is better over the whole sound range.

Fit: the 70's come with 3 sets of "ear fittings," S, M, L -- I had trouble getting a good fit with any of them, although the Large works best, and the buds stay put. The vx100's come with only one size fitting,of which you get two pair. They are a little larger than the 70 large. The 100's fit me much better than the 70's, and are more comfortable.

Isolation: both are fair, and are similar. I prefer the vx100's, and use them when I'm out and want some isolation from ambient noise, but not total isolation like my Ety 4S provides.

The Plug by Koss is a similar type of earphone--goes into the ear canal, deeper actually than the Sony or Aiwa.

LTUCCI writes:
Quote:

I think that the vx sound better but the koss -35 or koss portapros are way better in my opinion

--They are different types of earphones. I do agree, though, that they sound better.

Nov 7, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

How about aiwa hp-v600?

Same as the HP-vx100's, except that they have a standard long cord instead of a remote-friendly short cord (Japan only).

Nov 7, 2002 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by balcar
I have both the EX-70's and the HP-vx100's.

Speaking about sound quality, the 70's have way too much bass emphasis, and are lacking in the highs. They almost sound muffled.

Muffled????

I found them so over-emphasised at certain high frequencies that they were literally painful. I sold them after one day.

Huh, I also wasted loads of money on the ER6s. Hated them within seconds of hearing them. Couldn't bear to listen to them again after 30 minutes.

OTOH, I'm totally seduced every time I put my HD600s on, and the MX500s are the only ear buds I'll ever listen to.

Weird hearing? Maybe. But I'm a pro sound mixer, so some of you guys will just have to put up with what I think sounds good. Hehe :wink:

Nov 7, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 8
mtillman writes:
Quote:

I'm a pro sound mixer,

Do you use the same phones for mixing as you do for listening for pleasure or enjoyment? If no, what do you use for mixing, if you use headphones at all?

I agree on the Senn MX500--they are indeed very good.

Nov 7, 2002 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by balcar
mtillman writes:

Do you use the same phones for mixing as you do for listening for pleasure or enjoyment? If no, what do you use for mixing, if you use headphones at all?

I don't now as I am in post production, however when I was a location recordist I used Beyer DT100s and 150s.

The requirements for location work are entirely different to those for listening to music for pleasure. Be assured that I'd NEVER use the Beyers for listening for pleasure! And MX500s and HD600s would be completely useless for location recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back