Some Whiplash TWag V1 Cables Turning Green (Split from JH13 Appreciation Thread)
May 29, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #151 of 242
     Quote:
As for Whiplash being shielded:  Are you reading the same thread I am?  To the best of my understanding, CryoParts has not been a sponsor of Head-Fi for quite some time.  Whiplash is a sponsor, and, frankly, I'd be very surprised if they felt protected at all.

From my point of view it is this kind of post

Quote:
The assay company has requested the removal of the document photos.

Now, seriously, Parrots, enough.

Even you didn't intentionally want to stop everyone from discussing the issue. But this kind of post has a indirect effect making other member feel reluctant to post and discuss the issue.

Just saying

May 29, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #152 of 242
what?? he has been alowed to make probably in the realms of 100 posts or more already without this type of post, you do know this right? if posts were wanted to be censored, they would simply be deleted or the thread locked. the fact that Jude and several mods have posted in here and still the thread is open should be an indication that they are letting it play out

May 29, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #154 of 242
I just want to point out that no-one is taking cracks at Lee's or Craig's person. FWIW I think they are taking the right steps in rectifying the situation now.

@Jude: I'm not talking about censorship or anything of the like, just comments that beg for leniency towards Whiplash and CryoParts aswell as condencending remarks towards Parrots.

And to anyone who thinks this only concerns owners of TWags I ask, what's the point of keeping the forum going?

May 30, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #155 of 242
re read this thread plenty of people have taken shots at Lee and Craig as people calling them several names and also by inference (by you)

I'm basically out $300 for the cables that Craig made for me as I do not use them and now can't sell them but I do not think that either Lee or Craig intentionally misled me. I would however like to see a replacement program for the V1 cable even for those that are not discolored.

You have an adgenda and an axe to grind with cables, do not grind that axe here.

May 30, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #156 of 242
I've been following this thread  for a while now, as I have an Eclipse OM TWag v2 cable on pre-order.

I don't mean to impugn anyone's character, and I know that Lee has offered to switch out any  v1 silver cables containing copper. But I was wondering: has it been explained just how the copper wound up in the v1 cables in the first place? If an explanation has been given, and I've missed it, could someone direct me to it? 

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Whiplash Audio and was told that there was no ETA on the Eclipse cables. After this, in addition to reading here about what's going on with this v1 situation, I have to decide soon whether or not to cancel my pre-order.

May 31, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #157 of 242
@Noneya: No need to get panicked. Twag V2 is silver and Craig will certainly deliver the Eclipse cable. Give him some time to perfect the good cable for you =)

Craig is a victim of this Twag V1 problem himself.

May 31, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #158 of 242
Trying not to infame here:

Where has Craig explicitly stated he will replace ANY v1 cable for shiny new v2 cable?

Where is The statement from Craig/Lee accepting (via their own test results) that v1 is NOT 99.9*% Ag?

Also, what are the prerequisites (invoice, proof of purchase etc)

Is Craig covering postage costs for return v1?

I feel this should almost fall into a 'product recall' and hence be totally transparent to all v1 owners.

Thanks.

May 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #159 of 242
Questions for Parrots- How much did the metal analysis cost performed by the certified lab? How long did it take to get the results back?
Questions for Whiplash Audio- Why is there nothing on your website stating that some cables are not as advertised and what steps the owner's of the V1's can take to correct the problem? How many different spools of V1 wire was sent to you? Do you know when Lee stopped testing wire for correct purity? Did you know that the wire was made in China?
Questions for Lee at Cryo-Parts- When did you stop testing the purity of the wire and how much wire has been sent to Craig since then? Are the test results of the V1 wire back?
David Pritchard 

May 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #160 of 242
No idea yet how.why the copper (and in what amounts) ended up in the cable.  Anything I post would be conjecture at this point.

Hopefully, this is something that will be explained to me by my vendor someday...

Lee

Quote:
But I was wondering: has it been explained just how the copper wound up in the v1 cables in the first place? If an explanation has been given, and I've missed it, could someone direct me to it?   

May 31, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #162 of 242

Quote:
As Lee said earlier in the thread it will be interesting to compare my results to his and I have to agree with that so looking forward to seeing them, it has been awhile now since they said it is being tested and surely it can't take this long.

I have one set of tests back that shows a significantly higher percentage of silver than your test does.  So, due to this disparity, I have sent samples to a second lab so that the three results can be compared.  Hopefully will be here by the end of the week.

Peace,

Lee

May 31, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #163 of 242

Quote:
Questions for Lee at Cryo-Parts- When did you stop testing the purity of the wire and how much wire has been sent to Craig since then? Are the test results of the V1 wire back?
David Pritchard 

After they had made many sample runs for me, and a few runs of wire.  All were OK.  Not sure how much v1 wire was sent to Craig, probably not as much as everyone thinks though.  There has been a LOT more v2 sent to Craig than v1.

Test results from one lab are back on v1, however, there is disparity between the results I have and the ones parrots posted, the ICP-OES assay I have in hand is quite a bit higher than the assay parrot has.  So, I have sent samples to a third lab to see what their results are.

As soon as I get the test back on the wire I have in now, I will post it, and the other result I received.

May 31, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #164 of 242

[size=medium] I just finally got through reading the entirety of the thread. What an interesting read.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] If "Parrots" lab test are as conclusive as we are lead to believe, I wonder if I'll ever buy another expensive cable again. While there is no real evidence of any intent to defraud, there certainly is ample evidence of negligence/incompetence by the MOTs. While defects and mistakes do happen, here the MOTs in question gave no evidence of any kind of quality control provisions in this thread that would have prevented something like this from happening.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] How can someone make claims about the cables they sell if they don't even bother to test them before they ship them out the door? "Trusting your manufacturer" and passing along the burden of quality control checks to your customers might not be such a winning business model. I can't imagine any business surviving long without taking the time and effort to verify the basic claims they made about their products. [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] While I can understand how dealing with someone like "Parrots" can get annoying, I also find it easy to understand "Parrots" frustration at the way he has been treated. The MOTs communications with him read to me at times as well meaning, but at other times as an attempted brush-off. Whether that was the intent or not is not for me to say, I can only comment on how it reads to a disinterested party.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I can imagine that things might have worked out quite differently if "Parrots" initial complaints had been taken a little more seriously and if he had been treated with a little more respect throughout the process. A polite apology and an offer to replace his cable or refund his money might have satisfied him. Instead, we end up with an MOT questioning his ability to understand English. Very disappointing.[/size]

May 31, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #165 of 242
Um, I will have to go back and read that, as apparently I missed that post.  In any event, it is not true.  Perhaps grawk meant something else.  I do not know grawk, and he has no special insight into my business, or how I do things.  If I had been aware that v1 had a copper content, or had copper plated silver strands, I would have taken steps to see what was going on right away. 

Grawk, can you please clarify?

In any event, I will post the results of both tests once I have them in. 

Peace,

Lee

Quote:
grawk posted earlier that he has word that you once got silver plated copper wires insted of pure silver so after the supplier had already once sent you silver plated copper instead of pure silver you still felt you could trust them and felt no need to have the wires tested after the samples and a few runs.
V1 Higher then the tests i had done when it has silver plated copper wires in it, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back