Some Scientific Data on Isolation, Power, and Cables
Feb 10, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #76 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was assuming nothing.

The test in the case study was simply nothing more than a difference test. You spoke of new testing techniques and I just pointed out that there's nothing new about difference testing.

Cables and electronics.

se

The newness of the testing comes from looking at these sonic difference in the time domain.

What's your company website?

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #77 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The newness of the testing comes from looking at these sonic difference in the time domain.

*sigh*

In difference testing, the residual (i.e. the difference) will typically be viewed on an oscilloscope.

That's the TIME DOMAIN.

You can also examine it with a spectrum analyzer.

That's the FREQUENCY DOMAIN.

There is absolute NOTHING new about this.

Quote:

What's your company website?

Q Home Page

There's nothing there at the moment however.

se

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #78 of 97
Quote:

Q Home Page

There's nothing there at the moment however.

se

Se,

If you are going to sell cables and you believe cables don't have an impact on sound quality, why should we buy your product?

Are you going to offer a very low priced cable that should sound just as good as any audiophile cable?

Are you going to provide cables that sound better only after subjecting them to a peer-reviewed DBT?

I'm not trying to be snarky but it seems to me that you are suggesting science-based conditions on any cable and electronics manufacturer that would be costly to implement from a business standpoint. It also appears to me that you are trying to suggest that very few differences exist in gear or cables.

Why would we want to buy your cables over a spool of regular zip cord?

Do you have unique technology and if so how do you know it makes a sonic impact? What DBT methodology do you use to determine this impact?

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #80 of 97
Quote:

So you agree that Acuity brings no new testing techniques to the table?

se

Please answer my questions.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #81 of 97
Come on Sqatsi, let's hear that sales pitch.
smily_headphones1.gif
I want to hear about Prat and resolution, and musicality and timing. Tell me I'm sexy. Oh wait. Wrong forums.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #82 of 97
Quote:

Please answer my questions.

I will when you answer mine, which is far more germane to this thread than yours.

se

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #83 of 97
Quote:

I will when you answer mine, which is far more germane to this thread than yours.

se

Okay, based on the RMAF presentation I believe that indeed Acuity has created new testing procedures. Of course, I want to learn more details on their process but it seems very unique to me.

Okay, so what are your answers to my questions above?

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #84 of 97
Quote:

Okay, based on the RMAF presentation I believe that indeed Acuity has created new testing procedures. Of course, I want to learn more details on their process but it seems very unique to me.

What do you consider to be unique?

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #85 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you consider to be unique?

Application of radar & SNR technology to identifying the differences in applying isolation, power and cable tweaks.

Koyaan,

Is this your cable?

Quote:

For today, let's conclude that Steve Eddy -- who once was (and still might be) banned from the Cable Asylum for certain heretical notions about the unequivocal audiblity of cable differences -- has now fashioned an unusual cable about which nothing seems capricious or off the cuff just to be different. It seems like a really intelligent minimalist design. It's a real performer, it's silly-easy to work with and the lack of external shielding didn't cause any issues in my environment.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #86 of 97
Quote:

Application of radar & SNR technology to identifying the differences in applying isolation, power and cable tweaks.

Have they discussed details of their methods and application of technology anywhere other than at the RMAF presentation?

Oh and when was the presentation if you don't mind me asking?

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #88 of 97
Quote:

But you said "The newness of the testing comes from looking at these sonic difference in the time domain."

There's nothing new about difference testing. There's nothing new about looking at things in the time domain.

You should become a politician.

Quote:

If you are going to sell cables and you believe cables don't have an impact on sound quality, why should we buy your product?

What I believe is that to date no one has demonstrated conclusively that cables produce audible differences save for pathological cases of too much resistance, inductance and/or capacitance.

And I believe that because well... to date no one has demonstrated conclusively that cables produce audible differences save for pathological cases of too much resistance, inductance and/or capacitance.

Quote:

Are you going to offer a very low priced cable that should sound just as good as any audiophile cable?

Compared to Nordost Odins, they'll be very VERY low priced.

Quote:

Are you going to provide cables that sound better only after subjecting them to a peer-reviewed DBT?

I'm going to provide cables. Period.

Quote:

I'm not trying to be snarky but it seems to me that you are suggesting science-based conditions on any cable and electronics manufacturer that would be costly to implement from a business standpoint.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Quote:

It also appears to me that you are trying to suggest that very few differences exist in gear or cables.

I can show you differences all day long.

The question is, which of those differences are sufficient enough to actually be audible.

Quote:

Why would we want to buy your cables over a spool of regular zip cord?

You'll have to answer that question for yourself.

Quote:

Do you have unique technology and if so how do you know it makes a sonic impact? What DBT methodology do you use to determine this impact?

I simply go with what sounds best to me, whatever the reason for it may be.

se

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #89 of 97
Quote:

Koyaan,

Is this your cable?

Not any longer, no.

The design has since changed.

se

Feb 10, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #90 of 97
Thanks for your answers Steve. See comments below after asterisk.

Quote:

What I believe is that to date no one has demonstrated conclusively that cables produce audible differences save for pathological cases of too much resistance, inductance and/or capacitance.

**I think EMI/RFI shielding is also important.

And I believe that because well... to date no one has demonstrated conclusively that cables produce audible differences save for pathological cases of too much resistance, inductance and/or capacitance.

**How can you expect someone to buy your $650/1 meter cables (from Six Moons) if R, I, C are the only things that matter? Certainly one can build a good cable for less?

Compared to Nordost Odins, they'll be very VERY low priced.

**That is not answering the question. Practically no one has means that high.

I'm going to provide cables. Period.

**Ok, I thought you said cables and electronics above.

The question is, which of those differences are sufficient enough to actually be audible.

**If cable differences are not audible why did you sell a $650 interconnect. Why do so many audiophiles spend good money to upgrade if they make no difference?

I simply go with what sounds best to me, whatever the reason for it may be.

**This is odd coming from someone criticizing me over no DBTs for sound differences I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back