Some question about sennheiser HD 439,449
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mamadsa

New Head-Fier
question of harryrupam

I've few questions

1) As Sennheiser HD 439 specifies that they have rich bass experience..Does that mean HD 449 will be lacking in bass?? Cause I've heard HD 449 has very good Sound stage and very descent Mid/High...Do they perform pretty Good on Bass too??

2) Some of the reviews say that while using in Mobiles/Tablets they need Portable amplifier to get the maximum quality out of them..Is it t rue??

3) I am Not a Basshead but I like just the amount of bass a song needs in it..So What would be a better choice ?? HD 439 or 449?? I generally like acoustic type of songs like Owl City or Sigur Ros...I suppose then HD 449 would be fairly good enough?? By equaliser tweaking will it be sufficient?? (Again,I'm neither a basshead or Audiophile..but I like sufficient amount of bass in a song to feel the song warm) And How does it perform on PC while playing games and Watching Movies???

PLEASE REPLY 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 13
Hello!

Sennheiser HD439 are better off with electronic music, a bit of rock or something around that[hip hop, rap etc]. The bass are stronger than average and will make basshead dance. Mids are warm. Very warm. I didn't had my chance to hands on the HD449 so I can't comment anything about it but if you wanted just right amount of bass and not too much, you might like to look somewhere else! For those I had tried and though you might like it is the Sony MDR-7506. A very nice pair of headphone for no basshead! It might sound a lil cold but just a lil..

Hope this help!
Billson :)

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 13
BillsonChang007

I want it just for Electronic Music .... I saw every every reviews about HD 439 and I didn't see any problem of users as long as i saw the lacking in bass!!

I like just the amount of bass a song needs in it
did you have saw any problem in sound quality or bass.....

tnx

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
BillsonChang007

I want it just for Electronic Music .... I saw every every reviews about HD 439 and I didn't see any problem of users as long as i saw the lacking in bass!!

I like just the amount of bass a song needs in it
did you have saw any problem in sound quality or bass.....

tnx

Opps! So sorryyyyy! I miss read your post xD

anyway, HD439 are great for electronics! I don't see much issue other than slightly more bass than usual. Not a big deal for your needs and genre

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 13
Hi again
I bought a 439's at last and have some little problem with bass....I read a lot of reviews in headfi or diffrent places and thus of my searching this problem proper with AMP or apple product(ipad.ipod or...)...!!!
I dont know it's realy or not?!?!

I have a sony walkman and when i use it I feeling something is not on own place....maybe for bass response or something else ...!!!!!
before i had bought 439,i have a pionner Se-mj31 ( that's awesome) but its broken and when i use it with that walkman the pionner's getting alive..! but on this headphone don't make strong bass or strong sound!! The 439 have pretty good sound quality but i listtenig to the electronic music and this genre of music want extended bass response!!! 
what am i doing for make it the same of my little babe(pionner) "strong base response" ?!?!

Some forum wrote " it's okay after burn-in (~20hours) listening or play pink noise ( whats pink noise?!?! \

plz some body help me....i realy wnat getting out of this trouble!!!!

TNX
k701smile.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Hi again
I bought a 439's at last and have some little problem with bass....I read a lot of reviews in headfi or diffrent places and thus of my searching this problem proper with AMP or apple product(ipad.ipod or...)...!!!
I dont know it's realy or not?!?!

I have a sony walkman and when i use it I feeling something is not on own place....maybe for bass response or something else ...!!!!!
before i had bought 439,i have a pionner Se-mj31 ( that's awesome) but its broken and when i use it with that walkman the pionner's getting alive..! but on this headphone don't make strong bass or strong sound!! The 439 have pretty good sound quality but i listtenig to the electronic music and this genre of music want extended bass response!!! 
what am i doing for make it the same of my little babe(pionner) "strong base response" ?!?!

Some forum wrote " it's okay after burn-in (~20hours) listening or play pink noise ( whats pink noise?!?! \

plz some body help me....i realy wnat getting out of this trouble!!!!

TNX
k701smile.gif

Heyyy!

Give it a longer burn-in period. You don't need pink noise, just any of your music! Play it while you are sleeping at medium volume. It should help the drivers. Walkman should be good in sound or at least, better than iPods(eh?) 

hope this help!

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #12 of 13
I want to buy a AMP for my Headphone, whic one is better

Fiio E3 or E6 ??

actully does it need a APM for better response bass and more quality?!?!   and the cash of this AMP is important for me....I want a cheap One!!!! 
rolleyes.gif

what's yours opinion?!?!

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
I want to buy a AMP for my Headphone, whic one is better

Fiio E3 or E6 ??

actully does it need a APM for better response bass and more quality?!?!   and the cash of this AMP is important for me....I want a cheap One!!!! 
rolleyes.gif

what's yours opinion?!?!

Not sure about FiiO but I like iBasso D7. I heard good stuff about E6 thought! If your budget is a bit tight now I suggest you to wait for a while! You do not have to pay to get good SQ! Like I said, use FLAC/ALAC music files instead of any others! This will greatly improve your HD439! Afterward, when you saved up a little, then only you plan for a new headphone or amp. 

*I used to hunt for amp, but the ALAC that I paid for, worth every cent! It last me till today* xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back