Some place to buy and sell used headphones in Japan????
Mar 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

digital analog

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I'm living in Japan now, and here, the market for headphones is great! A lot of stores with all the new headphones models where you can test it with your own source, but I didn't find good places to sell my used headphones!

I went to Ochanomizu, and found a store called Audio Union, but they offer very low prices to used headphones, then you cannot find a lot of models there

I tried the Yahoo Auction, but if you don't know how to read Japanese, you can find a lot of troubles there..

Anyone know a good way to sell used headphones here in Japan??

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 8

http://en.rakuten.co.jp/
seems like a awful lot of local shops sell things there
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I'm living in Japan now, and here, the market for headphones is great! A lot of stores with all the new headphones models where you can test it with your own source, but I didn't find good places to sell my used headphones!

I went to Ochanomizu, and found a store called Audio Union, but they offer very low prices to used headphones, then you cannot find a lot of models there

I tried the Yahoo Auction, but if you don't know how to read Japanese, you can find a lot of troubles there..

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 8
Thank You! I didin't know this store I will look at it!

but do you know about a physical store? or a street with sound stores??

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 8
I would tend to agree with this... Besides... if you are living in Japan, would it not be in your best interests to learn how to read Japanese. If you do that then you can use Yahoo Auctions.

Quote:
i dont think you can go headphone-shopping in japan right now

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #6 of 8
After a little research, this is what I found:

-Yahoo Auctions: U can find a lot of very good deals of used headphones, but they are more spot, so u need to look often, and since generally speaking the japaneses are very careful with gear, the conditions of the headphones are very good. Other good point is that the japaneses in general are very honest in deals too. I was about to buy a fake turbine gold, but i asked the vendor, and he said that the headphone might not be original, then I quit n he didnt complain at all.
BUT if u r not a yahoo premium member, u can only buy headphones until 4999 yens, which narrow a lot ur search...and u cannot sell....but if u r a yahoo premium member its ok

- Audio Union: Very good store, the one I visited is at ochanomizu (御茶ノ水) station area. They have 5 not so big floors with all the sort of audio equipament, from headphones to eletrostatic speakers. They sell used headphones and buy too, but they pay a very small price, usually 25% of the retail price. But u can find used headphones from 50% of the retail price...so its good to buy, terrible to sell

- Akihabara (秋葉原): In akihabara there are kind of 3 or 4 stores of used eletronics in general which buy and sell headphones, but the pricing method is very similar to audio union.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 8
if youre in akihabara theres a small hifi store called e-earphone. just like everywhere else in japan you can try on cheap to summit cans with various nice amps. they also sell used headphones and dacs/amps there. prices are very competitive and cheaper compared to the rest of the big name department stores that sell headphones (audio union, yodobashi, bic camera, etc etc).

the location is somewhat difficult to find. its on the 4-5th floor in a small building complex couple of blocks off of chuo dori street.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Fujiya Avic in Nakano probably offers the best prices if you are planning to sell old gear and buy from them (an additonal 10% discount), but you would do better selling on Yahoo Auction.  Audio Union is a great store and you can find some great things used (also online) but by their own admission they offer lower prices than others for your used gear.  In the past year I've found amazing things, some expensive some cheap on Yahoo.jp, which is still the best way to go.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back