Some Painfully-Learned Advice Relating to Carbonated Drinks
Jan 14, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #46 of 56
balderon, did you see the fight that bottled water companies put up when it was suggested that bottled water should meet the same health standards tapwater has to? That should tell you everything you need to know.

I'm not opposed to filtering tapwater, but I'm not convinced it is necessary, either.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
balderon, did you see the fight that bottled water companies put up when it was suggested that bottled water should meet the same health standards tapwater has to? That should tell you everything you need to know.

I'm not opposed to filtering tapwater, but I'm not convinced it is necessary, either.

Yes who needs filters,all my water comes out of a 40' deep hole in the back yard, sometimes complete with bits of sand and leaf/timber particles depending on how much rain has been flushing the underground streams.

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #48 of 56
lol. Like hell I'm drinking tap water from some countries. I'll gobble up all my tap water though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. Like hell I'm drinking tap water from some countries. I'll gobble up all my tap water though
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I would be cautious eating in a few of those countries as well.
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't drink them on a very empty stomach. Woke up this morning/afternoon at 1pm - it's holidays
biggrin.gif
- and decided I felt like some coke while I made my breakfast. One gulp and I was keeled over in pain and my stomach hasn't felt right all day.

Learn from my mistake. Eat something before you drink something carbonated.

Substitute "morning/afternoon at 1pm" with "New Years Eve after flying on an airplane" and "coke" with "alcoholic beverages" on an empty stomach.

That's my mistake, and I was worshipping the porcelin altar in the morning.

-Ed

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Water's quite decent, even in taste in SoCal, particularly from DWP.

-Ed

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #53 of 56
Hilo's got the best tap water i think. anyway i drink a diet coke for breakfast every morning (which i really should stop) and i noticed i get a stomachache without any food in my gut. it sucks.

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghigguls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hilo's got the best tap water i think. anyway i drink a diet coke for breakfast every morning (which i really should stop) and i noticed i get a stomachache without any food in my gut. it sucks.

man i have a friend who used to live in Hilo and its by far the best place, and i like to pound a coke with my bfast.

although i really am trying to cut down on my intake for my health of course, but mostly cuz my teeth are taking a beating.
confused_face.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghigguls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have it bad where I live, either. Sitting on the world's largest lake system is pretty nice.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

I do love potatoes. But raw!?

I have no idea what you are talking about, but raw potate is delicious like any vegetable of that kind. Especially ones that are just picked up from the ground are great. Properly washed and brushed of course, sand and mud isnt as good.
tongue.gif

To OP, never had problems drinking cola to empty stomach, but I rarely drink them as I do realise they are really bad for the teeth. Hell, I remember the one "scientific" joke experiment in some computer magazine where they dropped some keyboard buttons to different cokes and see what happened after certain time. Results were devastating on some coke brands, some buttons were only barely recognisable molten blobs, and some people drink that stuff daily...
eek.gif

I prefer good beer by far anyway.

Quote:

Best I've ever felt. Getting off caffeine was vicious the first few days. I had headaches and felt like warmed over death. Then everything was good. I feel more awake in the morning and can stay up late now and then without it. Complete opposite of what I expected - it feels like I did in childhood before caffeine. I assumed I felt that good because I was young, but the same feeling is back 30 years on.

Heh. Dunno if I am blessed, but I do not get addicted to caffeine that way. I mean, on work life I drink several cups per day, but on holidays and weekends I dont drink coffee almost at all just because I'm so lazy in the morning and wont be bothered to make any...

Yes, totally unrelated to the thread, but I dont get the headaches and other problems some people get when they stock drinking coffee and why they happen.
Though I do have my own addictions...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back