Some newbie DAC questions
Mar 4, 2021 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

shortStack

New Head-Fier
Hello Fellow Head-Fiers!

I recently bought a set of Drop 58x's, and have realized that the onboard audio is really letting them down with background humming and little depth. To remedy this I would like to invest in a DAC to make everything sound better. However, I have little knowlege of these things and don't know which one to choose, so I am hoping you guys could help me by answering a few questions!:

1. My first question involves microphones. The micropohone in on my computer is dead, meaning that I can't use my Modmic uni with it, and have had to resort to using phone + skype + virtual audio cables. Should I buy a dac with both a mic in and headphone out, or should I only buy a dac with headphone out and get a cheap mic in off eBay/amazon?
2. My second Question is what would you recommend in terms of an entry level dac?
I would prefer to spend under 100 USD. However, if the sound quality will be improved enormously by a little bit of extra spending, I am willing to splurge and buy something like an iFi zen (140 USD last time I checked).

Sorry for my spelling and thank you so much!

-John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back