Some new AKG stuff....
Sep 7, 2004 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
Besides the new comparatively cheap wireless headphone system K206AFC and the not so cheap portable wireless headphone system Merlin 232, most interesting should be AKG's new earbuds K12P and K14P as well as the portable headphones K24P and K26P - apparently targeted against Sennheiser's MX series earbuds as well as the PX 100 & 200. More info (unfortunately only in German, so far), pricing and pics for download over here: http://www.akg-acoustics.de/presse/index.htm

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 8, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 13
80 reads already - and not one single comment. I feel depressed... *sigh*

lini

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Can't say I like that orange look, but the K26 looks interesting. I wonder how it will compare to the PX200? Though...unless they're very good, I'd probably still prefer canalphones for portable use.

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 13
I tried to decipher the pdf file for Merlin 232 with my pathetic German. It seems to be targeted at mobile use in conjunction with laptops? And something about a surround sound software? My guess is that it's for playing video games and watching DVDs - a relatively cheap Hearo? Probably not going to spur much interest here tho.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 13
Interesting....still no word on new high-end stuff. Seems like we were hearing all sorts of stuff a year ago...now nothing??

I'll be interested to hear what folks think about these.

Sep 8, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Interesting....still no word on new high-end stuff. Seems like we were hearing all sorts of stuff a year ago...now nothing??

I'll be interested to hear what folks think about these.

I've been using AKG's new HEARO 999 Audiosphere II digital wireless surround headphone system for those moments I've been home in the last couple of weeks, and it is really an awesome setup -- completely exceeded my expectations. I'll say more shortly.

b.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
I've been using AKG's new HEARO 999 Audiosphere II digital wireless surround headphone system for those moments I've been home in the last couple of weeks, and it is really an awesome setup -- completely exceeded my expectations. I'll say more shortly.

b.gif

Thanks Jude. Any word on the rumored K601 and K701 of over a year ago? I've heard nothing in the longest time.

I'm interested in hearing about the HEARO 999...looking forward to more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 13
Here's a Babelfish of the PDF:

In-Ear models K 12 P and K 14 P
Mini headphones K 24 P and K 26 P
Sound-strong headphones for on the go

AKG in-Ear listeners K 12 P and K 14 P

Those responding gestylten in-Ear listeners K 12 P and K 14 P are particularly easily, surprising bass-strong and of excellent sound quality. Equipped with special ear padding or acoustically permeable special foam, they bring simply better sound than conventional "earphones".

On a view: K 12 P
- turbo bass for mobile Fun
- Slimline Design for perfect passport form and stop
- PVC-FREE cable, resistantly, hardly kringelt
- practical retractor box
- acoustic Ear pads for High performance sound
- ultralight
- in the best way suitably for MP3, MD and CD Player
- 2 years warranty
Noncommittal price recommendation: € 14,90

On a view: K 14 P
- with Crystal CLEAR sound technology for a transparent klangbild
- integrated Precision volume control (volume control)
- Softtouch surface for perfect seat and comfort
- PVC-FREE cable, resistantly, hardly kringelt
- oxygen-free cable (99.99 %) for highest requirements for sound
- hardgilded mini jack plug
- practical retractor box
- acoustic Ear pads for High performance sound
- ultralight
- in the best way suitably for MP3, MD and CD Player
- 2 years warranty
Noncommittal price recommendation: € 19,90

AKG mini headphones K 24 P and K 26 P

Who carries dear handle headphones, which are to be stowed away small and easily, 24 P are and that with the K 26 P serves in the best way. The new mini headphones from AKG do not only look trendy, they are also impressing sound-strongly and intersperse themselves so each time approximately loud environment noise. Besides offer they for on the way best HiFi quality like it otherwise only with large headphones are reached.
The "3D-Axis" macht's possible: With two fast handles the listeners in the Nu leave themselves in sun glass format together put to stow away and for example in the provided transportation bag.
Remarkably also the perfect seat, the perfect head adjustment and the high stretcher comfort. That steplessly those is equipped adjustable metal handles softly at the head with flexible mini padding, support. The cable supply effected reciprocally, the length leaves itself with the integrated loop
adjust.

The semi-open K 24 P is equipped with wash and exchangeable Schaumstoffpoelsterchen.
The K 26 P is a closed phone that shields external noise perfectly. It has hautsympathische yield imitation leather pads, which are to be cleaned likewise exchangeable and easily.

On a view: K 24 P
- dynamic sound, pressureful basses; outstanding Hifi sound with 40 mm transducers
- 3D-Axis - singular folding mechanism: turn, fold, pack up - fast and simply
- ultralight, the ideal music companion for spare time and sport
- semi-open building method
- ergonomic formed transportation bag
- hardgilded ergonomically bent Stereo Ministecker
- reciprocal cable run, flexibly adjustable by adjusting ring at the cable
- 2 years warranty
Noncommittal price recommendation: € 29,90

On a view: K 26 P
- clear one, fine-drawing heights and in the middle, strong basses; outstanding Hifi sound with 40 mm
Transducer
- 3D-Axis - singular folding mechanism: turn, fold, pack up - fast and simply
- ultralight, the ideal music companion for on the way
- closed building method, reduction of environment noise
- ergonomic formed transportation bag
- hardgilded ergonomically bent Stereo Ministecker
- reciprocal cable run, flexibly adjustable by adjusting ring at the cable
- 2 years warranty
Noncommittal price recommendation: € 39,90

Sep 8, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorrison