Some Lucky Bidder....
Feb 18, 2007 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BrookR1

1000+ Head-Fier
...will receive a well used pair of SR-225s for well over retail.
rolleyes.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grado-Labs-SR225...QQcmdZViewItem

Feb 18, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 14
Grados cost considerably more overseas. My guess is that this is a foreign bidder, since this price will be considerably cheaper than at home. Also, if you search for "Grado" there, you'll see BIN pairs for well over retail. They sell because they're cheaper than in Europe or Asia.

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 14
I'm from Europe (Belgium) and even thouh I knew, I still paid full premium for som grado SR60's (+ bowls it was €99 so that would be $130 I guess) and still I am pretty pleased as I (1) did get to audition them first and (2) have the MS2i's on order already and will see if I will try and sell the SR60 for fellow Europeans or keep them for the office

grado's aren't cheap outside of the US... but if I'm ever thinking oof upgrading even more, I could use a dedicated US-mediator
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 14
aint cheap in Canada, neither. you walk into a Hi-Fi store here, and you'll be set back $130 for SR-60s.

Curse you CONUS only sales!!!

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 14
in the pihilippines too, twice as much!!! and not all models are available
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 14
If you guys want Grados or whatever it is that they sell in the US, just e-mail or PM me and I will ship it over (granted that you pay for shipping). I can received payments over pay-pal.

What do I get out of this? *in the tone of the GOD FATHER* "I will let you know when the time comes."

Just kidding, I will do it as a favor. One or two items. Just don't abuse my kindness and ask me to ship you a whole entertainment center.

I know what it's like when you pay retail or more for an item. I have had people do me favors and realized that sometimes it's nice to do others favors, for the sake of making them happy, which in turn makes me happy.

You can PM or e-mail me, I will give you my phone number, we can chat so I know EXACTLY what you want and then take it from there.

OIC

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados cost considerably more overseas. My guess is that this is a foreign bidder, since this price will be considerably cheaper than at home. Also, if you search for "Grado" there, you'll see BIN pairs for well over retail. They sell because they're cheaper than in Europe or Asia.

Indeed, this bidder is from Norway.

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by OIC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you guys want Grados or whatever it is that they sell in the US, just e-mail or PM me and I will ship it over (granted that you pay for shipping). I can received payments over pay-pal.

What do I get out of this? *in the tone of the GOD FATHER* "I will let you know when the time comes."

Just kidding, I will do it as a favor. One or two items. Just don't abuse my kindness and ask me to ship you a whole entertainment center.

I know what it's like when you pay retail or more for an item. I have had people do me favors and realized that sometimes it's nice to do others favors, for the sake of making them happy, which in turn makes me happy.

You can PM or e-mail me, I will give you my phone number, we can chat so I know EXACTLY what you want and then take it from there.

OIC

Wow nice! I'm also willing to help people get other things that can be obtained cheaper here. For example I can get Audio-Technica headphones for up to $50 (A900) off AudioCubes list price, and I can members join Singaporean MOs. Last few MOs were Little Dots. Micro+s for US$30 and LDII++s for US$125.

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #13 of 14
Here to appreciate the price of grado oversea.

Since I couldn't find any noway price comparison site I went with the UK ones.

Quick price search in a online search for UK

Price Between £167.51 - £179.95

Xe currency conversion give

$326.814 USD to $351.085 USD

so at $224 he save about $100 USD over his retail. Since Grado forbid any retailer to sell outside it's country he can only go to ebay if he don't know anybody in the US willing to do the buying for him.

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #14 of 14
So what's preventing someone from buying new pairs in the CONUS and reselling them overseas via eBay for profit? Maybe I should start this racket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back