Some Impressions of the Swan M50W
Jul 24, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #16 of 21
Massdrop has the Swan M50W's for $209.00 + $15.00 shipping. I was looking for a set of desktop/PC speakers and these although dated seem to be pretty nice from what I've read.

Picked them up from massdrop because the price was so good.  I had the m10s and they were great to me for the past couple years without issues.  So I tried setting up the m50ws and m10s together in a surround 5.1"ish" setup and they are actually working out really well together.  The m10s aren't bad themselves so they are able to keep up somewhat to the m50ws and can turn them off separately if i want to go 2.1.  The sound is great and the surround works for games and movies.  Can't be happier with the purchase.  Basically upgraded my setup to high quality 5.1s

I will say that people who are looking for booming bass will probably not like the m10 or m50s.  They are probably better off getting bookshelf speakers with a dedicated large subwoofer.  But i find the bass well tuned to the speakers.  The m10s added to my setup provide additional bass because of the midwoofer.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #18 of 21
I just ordered a set of swans from massdrop and so have not heard them yet.  But i have listened to the LSR305s  and well i was not impressed.  They did not sound as clear as other options out there.  They were how should i say tried to be a sub woofer and a satellite together and so everything kind of sounded muddy and unclear to me. I listened to several speakers that day and to me the best sounding were maudio bx5.  I hope these swans sound like them but with the sub to pick up the lows.   

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #19 of 21
  These are on massdrop again. I was wondering how they compare to the JBL LSR305's since they are about the same price. 

Apples and oranges.

The Swans are a powered 2.1 system whereas the JBL's are passive speakers.

If you want to compare the Swans to other speakers, they should be compared to the Harman Kardon Soundsticks, Logitech Z623's and/or the Klipsch ProMedia's.

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #21 of 21
I will say that people who are looking for booming bass will probably not like the m10 or m50s.

i'm not sure I like "booming" bass but I like deep, authoritative bass which I get from my Logitech Z-2300, my Klipsch ProMedia, and my Logitech Z623 but ironically, not from my Edifier S730

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back