Some hope for the future (bullies get owned inside)
Sep 15, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #31 of 35
That is awesome.

But to be honest, yes, wearing odd colors shouldn't matter, and sexual preference shouldn't matter, much less be implied in garment color, but thats just the way life is. There will always be people that find amusement and/or bewilderment at something that is not the norm. Especially high school. For a male student to wear a pink shirt....he has to expect an onslaught of crap coming his way. I know we all like to show how 'pc' we can be, but the average male adolescent--out of the media eye-- could care less about 'pc'. In fact many would rebel against whatever is pc.

Another thing is that, at lest to me, it is more common for men to wear salmon colored collared shirts, not t shirts. T shirts makes it that much stranger.

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol great story!!!

Of course, if schools in America made it compulsory to wear a school uniform (Like the rest of the world), they wouldn't have this problem in the first place.. But still, good to see.

thats a pretty narrow minded view on things, if it wasn't picking on that one kids shirt, they would have picked on someone else for having a weird voice, or being fat, or just plain being a geek

no matter how level you make the ground for people in terms of possessions, there will always be something for people to find to mock others, or to be jealous of, be it their physical looks, personality, or the people around them

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #33 of 35
Nice story, thanks for posting.

I remember once some years ago, when "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche" came out. I was actually eating some, and a female friend said to me, "Don't you know real men don't eat quiche?"

I smiled, and said, "REAL men eat whatever the F they want..." Both got a nice chuckle.

As for bullying, I was a victim of one person. A friend of an ex-friend, he gave me crap for maybe 1+ years after my friend and I blew up at each other (my ex-friend and I just ignored each other). He was a fair bit bigger than me, and I was pretty scared, so I did the avoiding thing.

One day, I was with friends at the local bowling alley. he shows up with some friends, and I notice he's smirking at me. I actually took off for a bit, thinking I'll go get something and wait 'til his friends leave. Wasn't sure he'd do something to try and embarass me.

He followed me out, though (dumb move on my part) and started pushing me. I was VERY nervous, but used the energy to all of a sudden SLAM him against the wall as hard as I could, hold him by his neck against it, and scream right in his face that he and I had NOTHING against each other, it was his friend and me, and if my ex-friend and me are cool, why the F can't he be! He raised his hands, with "All right, all right...fine" type of words.

And oddly enough, since that day, we became somewhat friendly. He was in a science class with me, and we teamed up with another gent for lab. We had some friends in common, and saw each other fairly often. All was very cool.

I was very saddened to hear that he had been diagnosed with (what the doctors apparently said was) a non-treatable cancer a few years later, and ended up comitting suicide rather than go through it all.

This was an almost-movie-like situation, and it shows that sometimes just standing up for yourself DOES work.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was an almost-movie-like situation, and it shows that sometimes just standing up for yourself DOES work.

You just gotta pick your battles carefully. Sometimes when you stand up for yourself, your opponent will end up respecting you. But there'll be just as many guys who'll hold a grudge. I guess it depends on how bad they dislike you.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, if schools in America made it compulsory to wear a school uniform (Like the rest of the world), they wouldn't have this problem in the first place.. But still, good to see.

Having attended a school that forced uniforms I can assure you that there are still plenty of things to bully one about:
*shoes
*jackets
*gym clothes
*haircut
*parents occupations
*where you live
*what kind of music you like
*sports you play
*sports you don't play
*gay TV character whith similar name
*who your friends are

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
of course my first thought is he is a wanna be AC/DC cause he is just doing it for the chicas..

The Bloodhound Gang had a pretty good song about that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back