Some help with Creative Titanium HD + Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro?
Jan 30, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
Oh my. I didn't notice that the 250 ohm version has a coiled cord - I thought it was straight. The coiled cord isn't working for my, as it's connected to the back of my stationary computer below my desk. I could always use an extender-cable, but I'm sceptical to this in terms of distortion/power loss - could anyone comment on extending with say 1meter? 

If extending is a bad idea (considering I'm running it on a Titanium HD without external amp), I'll just return the DT 770's 250.

I can't seem to find a 250ohm version with straight cord, it seems only the 80 ohm version comes with a straight chord. Any comments on this?
I could always just settle for the 80 ohm version.

The DT770 Pro 80-Ohm should be ok.

If you can swing another $70, invest in the PAV2V headphone amplifier.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 19
Yes the 250 ohm comes with a coiled cord  and the 80 ohm is a straight. as for running an extender i think the loss should be somewhat minimal provided you get a quality one.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #18 of 19
I'm looking into just using an extension cord (1.5 metres / 5 ft). I reckon I'd need a quality extension cord, but I'm having somewhat troubles finding good ones, since they all are named "super high end mega extension gold plated platina".

Could someone recommend some brands / types of extension cables I should look at? I live in Norway, so if it's a brand only sold in US, the shipping alone would outweigh the cost of the cable itself.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
I'm looking into just using an extension cord (1.5 metres / 5 ft). I reckon I'd need a quality extension cord, but I'm having somewhat troubles finding good ones, since they all are named "super high end mega extension gold plated platina".

Could someone recommend some brands / types of extension cables I should look at? I live in Norway, so if it's a brand only sold in US, the shipping alone would outweigh the cost of the cable itself.

Impatience will be the death of me. I found Blue Cow Cables, a UK-based company who seems to make hi-end cables.
I found http://bluecowcables.com/product.php?id_product=29 , but this is male/male. After some quick e-mails, I've ordered a custom made male/female extension cable from him. And ordered a modmic.

To top it off, my TiHD arrived today. Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back