Some cable tips for my D2000 please?
Aug 9, 2009 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SchneiderStudios

500+ Head-Fier
I have the Denon AHD2000 and im asking you guys if you have any tips on how to keep the cables together on the desk like a cable management type of thing? should i keep them in a circle together (im talking about the thicker part) what would be the best solution? i dont need so much cable length thats why. thanks!

Ive heard of something called a "cable turtle", anyone using this?

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Denon AHD2000 and im asking you guys if you have any tips on how to keep the cables together on the desk like a cable management type of thing? should i keep them in a circle together (im talking about the thicker part) what would be the best solution? i dont need so much cable length thats why. thanks!

I do it under the desk, simply cable tie and the headphone wire is pushed through them.

cabletie.jpg

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats a nice idea, but my computer is on top of my desk lol

If you mean your headphones are plugged into your computer, simply run the wire down the back of the desk, through a cable tie near the front and as you need more wire simply pull...

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 9
I just use the plastic tacks that come with every cable that you buy. I bundle up all my cable with them. Its pretty neat and servers the purpose, unless you are taking a snap where you need everything in order. with all the gear I have its great if I'm able to keep everything 'behind the scenes'.

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cable too long? Cut the sucker.
wink.gif

haha i dont have the skills.

i was thinking of thin black velcro straps maybe?
Amazon.com: Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8 Inches Long, Black, 100 Ties per Pack (91140): Office Products

i dont like the metal wire that comes with every package

Graphicism: i think ill take your idea also, ill hook the jack to the mbp and run it to the back of the desk down under and to the front, also where my sennheiser headphone holder will be (;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back