[SOLVED - PURCHASED PFE 121] SHURE SE215 vs ETYMOTIC HF5 vs Klipsch Image S4i II/ Klipsch Reference S4i
Dec 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
I am considering to buy some PHONAK AUDEO PFE 121. It seems that they are another league of IEM's (just judging by the price tag) and they are currently on sale (even lower than the Klipsch, but just until tommorow). Does anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/482515/review-phonak-aud-o-pfe-121

Very nice, balanced sound. If you didn't have the problem with over-ear style, I would have said this alongside the HF5. Earphonesolution coupon?

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #17 of 20
I own these and I think they are practically useless due to the bizarre shape angle.
I can't fit them in such a way as to shut out the noise.
I am a woman with relatively small ears. Maybe it works for larger people...... But it doesn't matter what cushion I use or how I play around with it, it simply doesn't fit.

Why, oh why was the UE triple fi and that whole range discontinued... they fitted me so well!

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Very nice, balanced sound. If you didn't have the problem with over-ear style, I would have said this alongside the HF5. Earphonesolution coupon?

Sorry for stretching that thread that much... Thank you very much for your participation though! It's kinda hard if you hear such opposing statements like the following one. Maybe I'm just going for some, then I'll make my own experience...

Quote:
I own these and I think they are practically useless due to the bizarre shape angle.
I can't fit them in such a way as to shut out the noise.
I am a woman with relatively small ears. Maybe it works for larger people...... But it doesn't matter what cushion I use or how I play around with it, it simply doesn't fit.

Why, oh why was the UE triple fi and that whole range discontinued... they fitted me so well!

Ups, that sucks. But I might have to try this myself to see wheter it fits or not. Did you have problems with other headphones too?

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 20
I purchased the PFE 121 and I am really happy with them. I got a great offer for them, for their normal price I wouldn't even have considered them. Without that offer I would have bought the ETYMOTIC. The PFE 121 delievers very detailed sound, much better than my old apple headphones (obviously...). Though I didn't get any of the other headphones, I want to thank you guys for your active participation and the valuable, much appreciated advice!

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #20 of 20
As a pro musician who does a lot of studio recording, I need accuracy, comfort, and acoustic isolation. Skull crushing low end really gets in the way of hearing the detail in my work. I LOST my HF5's, which I loved. However, I'm about to order SE215's to replace them. The reviews and comparisons I've read tell me that the slight bump in low-end response claimed for the SE215's might address my only complaint with the HF5's. Be aware that earbuds/in-ear monitors in general require a perfect seal  to achieve decent bass response. I've been able to use generic tips for most of the buds I've tried, but I wouldn't buy buds unless the mfr supplies at least 3 sizes of tips with their product(s). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back