[SOLVED] Music Computer[Build included], but remotely controlled with an app
May 2, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #46 of 69
The annoying thing is that Synology had support for DAC until version 7. I didnt know that😅😢

It would be a killer setup!

Yeah It was a BIG bummer. It would have been perfect w/ DS Audio as control in your tablet/phone.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #47 of 69
Yeah It was a BIG bummer. It would have been perfect w/ DS Audio as control in your tablet/phone.
Exactly....that would be my favorite setup. Possible to downgrade synology maybe?

Im gonna buy a single drived synology if it is v6 I will never upgrade.

May 5, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #48 of 69
First thing I have done is turning on Remote Desktop locally.

The next thing is to to "converting" it into an DLNA device.

Any experience turning on the "media stream" function in controlpanel under Network?

Do I need to or will the software figure it out by them selfs?

May 5, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #49 of 69
For Windows I have found a nice utility that, not only will give you the usual functions, but also enable you to disable/uninstall non essential functions, services and apps/bloatware. Making your Windows lean and mean.

Now on sale for $20.
https://pegasun.com/system-utilities

Of course there is always Audiophile Optimizer.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #50 of 69
May 5, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #51 of 69
YES, Pegasun is configured upto Win 11 (just optimize one laptop that runs Win 11), except for Audiophile Optimizer (w/c set you of @ $110 + $37.50 upgrade for latest) w/c support upto Win 10 for now. But gives you further optimizations for better experience.

May 5, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #52 of 69
Will you add an audiophile usb card/bridges on your setup?
There are two here in EU:
JCAT
Pink Faun

May 5, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #53 of 69
YES, Pegasun is configured upto Win 11 (just optimize one laptop that runs Win 11), except for Audiophile Optimizer (w/c set you of @ $110 + $37.50 upgrade for latest) w/c support upto Win 10 for now. But gives you further optimizations for better experience.
I just watch this

I already have those tweaks configured. I am also familiar with powershell where I can do the same or even more advanced tweaks 😊🙌
JCAT
Pink Faun
I have not thinked about this. These bridges are “just” pcie cards right? … but with audiograde component…

I wonder if those cards really makes a hearable difference. 800dollars though is really up there😂 … any reviews/experience?

I ordered a network isolator though. I also run shielded CAT7(CAT6 connectors) ethernet cables
https://baaske-medical.com/network-isolator-mi-1005

May 5, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #54 of 69
Exactly....that would be my favorite setup. Possible to downgrade synology maybe?

Im gonna buy a single drived synology if it is v6 I will never upgrade.
I made my own NAS since I don't want to pay for some hidden OS and tricks.

May 5, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #55 of 69
May 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #56 of 69
JCAT
Pink Faun
The JCAT USB XE got my attention. I m wondering if I can also use it in my DAW.

Connecting my SSL2+ audio card and get cleaner el. guitar and microphone recordings.

EDIT:

The pink faun bridge must be powered internally/molex, no isolation from motherboard?

JCAT that can eliminate this completely, by not choosing to use the molex, but a LPSU?

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #57 of 69
I already have those tweaks configured. I am also familiar with powershell where I can do the same or even more advanced tweaks 😊🙌
Goody!
I have not thinked about this. These bridges are “just” pcie cards right? … but with audiograde component…
Yes!
I wonder if those cards really makes a hearable difference. 800dollars though is really up there😂 … any reviews/experience?

I ordered a network isolator though. I also run shielded CAT7(CAT6 connectors) ethernet cables
https://baaske-medical.com/network-isolator-mi-1005
I opted for a DDC (Singxer SU-6). It has more or less the same functions plus some and its external. Less susecptible to internal noise and easy to upgrade.

The JCAT USB XE got my attention. I m wondering if I can also use it in my DAW.

Connecting my SSL2+ audio card and get cleaner el. guitar and microphone recordings.

EDIT:

The pink faun bridge must be powered internally/molex, no isolation from motherboard?

JCAT that can eliminate this completely, by not choosing to use the molex, but a LPSU?

Both Pink Faun and JCAT con be both powered internally and externally. JCAT has a internal PS upgrade called Optimo Nano.

But IMO/E better get a DDC or USB reclocker/regen.

If your source does not go beyond 21/192 get a Singxer F-1. Its a USB isolator/regen/reclock converter.

If you have DSD materials and your DAC supports i2S gor for a DDC. A Matrix XPDIF 2 is solid or even a Singxer SU-6 but cost more.

But again it depends on your budget. You can go to your original plan and just note these down for future possible upgrades.

Don't know if I have mentioned it. I too was on the hunt. But am conviced a dedicated streamer (no dac) + DDC/USB reclock/regen is the way to go.
If I would go to the PC route this would be my computer: Cirrus7 Niimbus v5
For streamer + DDC route a Beelink GS-King X w/ UAPP + Singxer SU-6 would be a nice combo.
Again, just for information.

And good lukc on your build. Keep us updated on your adventure.

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #58 of 69
Goody!

Yes!

I opted for a DDC (Singxer SU-6). It has more or less the same functions plus some and its external. Less susecptible to internal noise and easy to upgrade.

Both Pink Faun and JCAT con be both powered internally and externally. JCAT has a internal PS upgrade called Optimo Nano.

But IMO/E better get a DDC or USB reclocker/regen.

If your source does not go beyond 21/192 get a Singxer F-1. Its a USB isolator/regen/reclock converter.

If you have DSD materials and your DAC supports i2S gor for a DDC. A Matrix XPDIF 2 is solid or even a Singxer SU-6 but cost more.

But again it depends on your budget. You can go to your original plan and just note these down for future possible upgrades.

Don't know if I have mentioned it. I too was on the hunt. But am conviced a dedicated streamer (no dac) + DDC/USB reclock/regen is the way to go.
If I would go to the PC route this would be my computer: Cirrus7 Niimbus v5
For streamer + DDC route a Beelink GS-King X w/ UAPP + Singxer SU-6 would be a nice combo.
Again, just for information.

And good lukc on your build. Keep us updated on your adventure.
I will definitly look more into this, because i have never thought about it. Somehow the JCAT sounds interesting.

I want a card that is not transferring noise from the Motherboard/PSU....which means It must not be connected internally and work with external PSU. Thats JCAT or Pink Faun. But I read somewhere Pink Faun doesnt completely isolate like the JCAT does. Maybe Im wrong

May 6, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #59 of 69
I will definitly look more into this, because i have never thought about it. Somehow the JCAT sounds interesting.

I want a card that is not transferring noise from the Motherboard/PSU....which means It must not be connected internally and work with external PSU. Thats JCAT or Pink Faun. But I read somewhere Pink Faun doesnt completely isolate like the JCAT does. Maybe Im wrong
Just run a good DDC off your USB output.

May 6, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #60 of 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back