solved: help fiio e07k vs e17 vs e18 vs x3 my head hurts
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ninjiaw

Head-Fier
hi i made a post a while ago looking for a dac/amp to pair with my hd558 headphones and was recomended a e07k or e17.
i  have found i can get an e18 for a simoler price as a e17 but have been considering getting an x3 and droping the dac/amp altogeather.
i was also recomendid  to save up for a better set of cans however i think a $280 pair of hd558 headphones to be fine for my use.
i am curently using an iopd touch 3rd gen and  was just rondering if i should get an x3 as a deadicated source vs using somthing like an e17.

edit: after doing some digging around i have found my answer.

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 5
  hi i made a post a while ago looking for a dac/amp to pair with my hd558 headphones and was recommended a e07k or e17.
i  have found i can get an e18 for a simuler price as a e17 but have been considering getting an x3 and dropping the dac/amp altogether.
i was also recommended  to save up for a better set of cans however i think a $280 pair of hd558 headphones to be fine for my use.
i am currently using an iPod touch 3rd gen and  was just wondering if i should get an x3 as a dedicated source vs using something like an e17.

edit: after doing some digging around i have found my answer.

If this is for portable use, I would say to get the FiiO X3, everything you need in one small device.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 5
I decided on fiio e07k so that I can doc it in the eo9k later and have the convenience factor of having one dac and not having to plug in and out cables when I want to use headphones vs speakers.

Sep 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 5
sorry for the late responce i have decided than my ipod touch is fine enough for mobile use and that i will probably end up getting a schiit magni modi stack for home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back