Solve this equation? Recommendation Please
Mar 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #16 of 20
pearlgirl,

I won't bother replying to your new thread comparing these "Final Four" since you've got my thoughts on them above. I'll be interested in the replies you get there.

I have been similarly frustrated trying guess what I was hearing compared to what is being written in these forums. Here's something that's helped me understand the terminology better:

Describing Sound - A Glossary

You didn't mention MEElec's M9P, which I expect to receive in a few days (exchange for the M11P). I expect (hope) that they will have a more engaging sound like the NE-7M, with at least as good a build quality. I'll still keep using the NE-7M until something comes along that takes what I like about them to another level (Monster Turbine Pro Gold or Copper maybe, when the ControlTalk versions come down to a better price).

BTW, a variable that wouldn't be resolved by a retail outlet is "burn-in" especially with dynamic-type IEMs. Whether it's real or not is a hot topic among some head-fiers. Me, I've noticed audible improvements in the three IEMs that I've had long enough to burn-in for several days.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #17 of 20
So I was able to try the V-Moda Vibe Duo's. They seemed to fit ok. Definitely a lot of bass. So I turned the EQ to "Lounge" on the iPod, which is an inverted V type EQ setting, and they sounded pretty good. Thoughts on this? And how do the NE7's compare to the V-Moda's? If I think that the V-Moda's are too bassy, does that suggest that I want a more neutral sound? Would I then in turn prefer the sound of something different, like Ety's. I thought I knew what I wanted, now I am even more confused.

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #18 of 20
NE7s are definitely the sound quality winner. The V-Modas are stylish. That said, I owned vibes for several years and the customer service was excellent and they were great at some things.

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #20 of 20
Vibe II and Remix are supperior sounding IEMs than Vibe Duo with wider soundstage and more durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back