Solo HD ear Cushion?
Feb 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

haan747

New Head-Fier
Before I even start, YES I REALIZE BEATS ARE OVER PRICED FOR THE MEDIOCRE SOUND QUALITY. No I cannot return them. Selling them is very improbable with all the fakes trying to be sold. If I could go back in time and had bought the ATH-M50's or vmodas or somehting, I would. The damage is done.

Now, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to make the Solo HD's, which are on-ear, to over ears. Maybe a cushion replacement or some sort of mod. Just something to make them cover my whole ear instead of resting on top of them. Thanks. (Also if this is in the wrong section I apologize)

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 11
NVM: thought it was asking where to buy replacements.

Umm I'd just try Gluing a larger headphones pads around the original pad.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 11
The pads aren't big enough for the entire ear to fit inside. On-ear = any part of the ear is touching the pads. So even though the top part of your ear might be inside, the bottom part won't be, or the other way around. You'll still feel discomfort after an hour or so due to the clamping pressure.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #11 of 11
It wouldn't be a great idea even if you could do it. The on-ear pad is part of the sound. It seals things off close-up and makes a little distance. If you made it circumaural it'd mess up the way they sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back