Solitude XCS2 Active Noise Canceling Headphones
Jun 17, 2016 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
In the market for a new set of over ear ANCs and want to keep it under $100.  These get great reviews for ANC and sound quality.  Thinking most of the reviews are shills though.  Anyone here have experience with them?  Are they indeed good for ANC (mainly on jets) and sound?  What about comfort?

Thanks.

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Guess I'm just going to have to buy these and try them out myself.  Will send back if not up to par.

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 4
  Guess I'm just going to have to buy these and try them out myself.  Will send back if not up to par.

I received a pair today and have been listening ...  and I'm totally impressed.

The noise canceling is top notch; I've owned the Bose QC25's and just by memory I'd say these are 90 to 95% as good in the ANC department.

But the sound is what I'm most impressed with; significantly better than the Bose QC25's ... 2 drivers per ear cup yields a more detailed overall sonic image to me and they just sound super good.  

These Solitudes and also the Bose  QC25's are what I consider "niche" and/or media/movie only type headphones and so I never expect them to sound as good as my "music" headphones (Grados and the like) ... but the Solitudes are SUPER good sounding across the board.  

Very pleased with the cans and just about everything I've read online about them (positives) seems to be true ...

Much better value/investment option than the spendy Bose QC's which don't sound as good as the Solitudes and only have (quibbling) slightly better noise canceling ...

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 4

I received a pair today and have been listening ...  and I'm totally impressed.

The noise canceling is top notch; I've owned the Bose QC25's and just by memory I'd say these are 90 to 95% as good in the ANC department.

But the sound is what I'm most impressed with; significantly better than the Bose QC25's ... 2 drivers per ear cup yields a more detailed overall sonic image to me and they just sound super good.  

These Solitudes and also the Bose  QC25's are what I consider "niche" and/or media/movie only type headphones and so I never expect them to sound as good as my "music" headphones (Grados and the like) ... but the Solitudes are SUPER good sounding across the board.  

Very pleased with the cans and just about everything I've read online about them (positives) seems to be true ...

Much better value/investment option than the spendy Bose QC's which don't sound as good as the Solitudes and only have (quibbling) slightly better noise canceling ...

They sent me a set.  Here is my review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/solitude-xcs2-dual-driver-4-speaker-active-noise-canceling-headphones/reviews/16613

I'm impressed really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back