Apr 29, 2003 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
i use atube amp now
i use a solid state amp now
i use a solid state amp but would like to try tube amps some day
i use a solid state amp now and would never try tube amps

You may want to have an option like:

"i use a tube amp now after having used a solid state amp" [and vice versa].

I know many people here on the boards have used both tubes and solid state, and have gone one way or the other... But I voted "i use a tube amp now"...

Apr 29, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 41
I use both a tube and a solid-state amp.

...so I'm just excluded from the vote...

peacesign.gif

Apr 29, 2003 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 41
I also use both a tube amp and a solid state amp.

Apr 29, 2003 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 41
I think the question should be phrased "the amp of mine that gets the most use (or favorite) is: tube, ss"

-dd3mon

Apr 29, 2003 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 41
The answer to which amp I listen to most is S.S. on pretty much everything but female vocals.

Apr 29, 2003 at 2:48 PM Post #10 of 41
Tube amp (MG Head OTL) right now, who knows what the future holds. As for tubes vs. solid state, hey whatever amp sounds best with my cans, that's the amp I will stick with.

KJP

Apr 29, 2003 at 3:41 PM Post #12 of 41
I have gone round trip, started with SS only, went to tubes, and now am back with SS only. I guess for me I like a more accurate sound with more details than warmth, so SS is the logical choice. I am a detail freak at heart, and the RKV lost a lot of the music's details and the high end info. I will look at tube amps again in the future when details are up closer to SS designs.

Apr 29, 2003 at 5:37 PM Post #14 of 41
I started out using all ss in my speaker-based system. After trying a tube preamp I doubt I'll ever go back (famous last words
biggrin.gif
). That system has been sold but my headphone amp is definitely of the tube variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back