Solid State Home Amps with Two Inputs?
Jul 17, 2007 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
Besides the Headamp GS-1 and the Graham Solo Slee, which solid state, home amplifiers come with two inputs?

For that matter, why is it that most only come with only one input? For myself, it's a bit inconvenient to have a headamp with only one input, as I also listen to vinyl, as I'm sure a lot of other folks. I guess you could make the arguement that majority of the population only listens to the compact disc, and you'd probably be right. But, how 'bout one input for the CD player and a second for a portable device (read iPod, Zune, Cowen, etc.) to be plugged into? Wouldn't there be enough of the latter crowd to warrant two inputs being the standard?

Anyway, back to the orginal question: Which solid state home amps come with two inputs?

Thanks.

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 27
Ray Samuels The Apache, Headroom Desktop, Home, Max Amps, Meier Audio Corda Opera...

Jul 17, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 27
RSA Apache
HeadAmp GS-X
Stello HP100
Headroom Desktop and up the line
Rudistor RPX-33 and up the line

Thats just a warm-up, I only checked the major SS designers. Totally normal, frankly most of us only use one input on the amplifiers, except for select few that have various sources. I don't know about most but I do not get the desire to plug in my portable into my Raptor, my DAC bests my DAP in many ways. Frankly I'd rather the second input on the Raptor be a pre-out, or at least a line-out so I could later set it up in a chain with speakers.

Jul 18, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GS-X doesn't have two inputs.

Sure does, 1 SE and 1 Balanced =] Even has a switch between them.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 27
RPX33 has one input, and one pass through, not two inputs, it could be used as such of course but you will have not selector, the RPX100 has three one balanced two single ended though...

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Valve RKV MKII has two inputs too.

Last time I saw an RKV it was definitely a tube amp.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time I saw an RKV it was definitely a tube amp.

I miss that amp!
cool.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RPX33 has one input, and one pass through, not two inputs, it could be used as such of course but you will have not selector, the RPX100 has three one balanced two single ended though...

Thanks for clearing that up. The Rudistor website really sucks when you want to figure that out, and it looked like there were 2 inputs from the pics.

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for clearing that up. The Rudistor website really sucks when you want to figure that out, and it looked like there were 2 inputs from the pics.

With all due respect, I know that there are far better websites, and we are wroking in getting a decent one right now, but IMO in this particular case the only thing you have to do is read instead of guessing the specs, not sure where the idea came from, but there is no indication of two inputs in any place of the description of the amp, or the specs, even more the specs states clearly that it has only one input, just read below:

Maximum Output: 700mW
Output Impedance: 16 - 600 Ohm
Bandwidth: 1-100.000 Hz < 0.5db
Gain: 16 db
THD: 0.02% (3Vpp on 32Ohm)
Technology: FET & Bipolar Transistors
Input Ipmedance: 47 Kohm
Amplification Class: Always A-Class
Input / Output: 1 x line
Dimensions (cm): 350 x 60 x 282 mm
Output: For two headphones
Weight (Kg): 8 kg

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all due respect, I know that there are far better websites, and we are wroking in getting a decent one right now, but IMO in this particular case the only thing you have to do is read instead of guessing the specs, not sure where the idea came from, but there is no indication of two inputs in any place of the description of the amp, or the specs, even more the specs states clearly that it has only one input, just read below:

Maximum Output: 700mW
Output Impedance: 16 - 600 Ohm
Bandwidth: 1-100.000 Hz < 0.5db
Gain: 16 db
THD: 0.02% (3Vpp on 32Ohm)
Technology: FET & Bipolar Transistors
Input Ipmedance: 47 Kohm
Amplification Class: Always A-Class
Input / Output: 1 x line
Dimensions (cm): 350 x 60 x 282 mm
Output: For two headphones
Weight (Kg): 8 kg

What the...I didn't know Sovkiller worked for Rudistor...

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the...I didn't know Sovkiller worked for Rudistor...

That is old news man...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which solid state home amps come with two inputs?

The Stax SRM-727 have two inputs (one RCA and one XLR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back