SOLD OUT: Sennheiser HD 25 (aka HD25-1, HD25, HD-25) for $131.19 + Shipping/Tax
May 27, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #17 of 33
I wish I'd heard of the the sale before. I just purchased the ES7 (which I may end up liking more, actually). Still, these are considered as the top closed portable by so many listeners that it's hard not to feel a small amount of buyer's remorse.

May 27, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #18 of 33
I'm probably going to get me a pair of ATH-ES7 soon to figure out just which one I prefer. It might not be either, since I'm not sold on having a closed portable vs. an IEM. I'm basically looking for a be-all and end-all for portable and home use. Except I'm still keeping my KSC 'phones for exercising and such.

Hopefully the sound will win me over.

BTW, 2 left!

May 29, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 33
Bump in case some people were busy this weekend. I'd rather a Head-Fier take advantage of this opportunity rather than some random other person who probably won't appreciate it as much (and won't be able to give comparisons here either
tongue.gif
).

1 left as of this posting.

May 30, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #22 of 33
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and actually stumbled across this thread while looking for reviews of the hd-25. Peter, I have a couple of questions I hoped you would be able to answer. First...are you concerned that e cost is not an authorized dealer for sennheiser (its my understanding that the warranty would not be honored). Second when i search for the hd-25s on the e cost site their is no mention of limited quantity at that price. It doesn't list them as a bargain or clearance countdown item...so its my assumption that this is their regular price for the item and that they have plenty to sell. Maybe i missed something obvious. Finally, i'm concerned that they might be knock-offs or refurbs if you could post on your experience with them once they arrive i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

May 30, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by taboo2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First...are you concerned that e cost is not an authorized dealer for sennheiser (its my understanding that the warranty would not be honored).

I didn't really give this much thought since I was out to just save money (nearly $40 is big for me). I've never really had to deal with a manufacturer's warranty and I hope this is no different. Almost all the parts on the HD 25 are replaceable, so that's a good sign. I don't know if Sennheiser's customer service is that great, but maybe they'll be lenient on the warranty. I suppose if anything were to happen within 2 years and Sennheiser denies my warranty I can try arguing with eCOST but like I said, I'm crossing my fingers that nothing bad will happen that requires outside assistance (especially since these are sturdy, durable 'phones with replaceable parts).

Quote:

Second when i search for the hd-25s on the e cost site their is no mention of limited quantity at that price. It doesn't list them as a bargain or clearance countdown item...so its my assumption that this is their regular price for the item and that they have plenty to sell. Maybe i missed something obvious.

No, it wasn't obvious. But when they were still "In Stock," they were indeed listed under the "Clearance Rack" under the "See More" tab on the front page for headphones. For proof, here's the page of the Clearance Rack for headphones from about a week ago courtesy of Google cache. The way I checked for the current stock number was by attempting to add a stock of let's say 10 to my cart and it would tell me how many units are left.

Quote:

Finally, i'm concerned that they might be knock-offs or refurbs if you could post on your experience with them once they arrive i would really appreciate it.

I'll be sure to follow-up on my experience with them when they arrive. I'm hoping they're not refurbished because they have a specific section on the site for those products and this was not listed in that area. Then again, they have a 1.23/10 six-month rating on ResellerRatings. The last time that I dealt with eCOST was when they were the source that was supplying the free iPods a while back (pyramid scheme that actually worked), and everything about the iPod that I received was perfect and indeed brand new.

Trust me, I wanted to avoid eCOST as much as anyone. That's why I tried to get competitors to price match it, but to no avail. So I gave it some serious thought and went with it. I'm taking a gamble, I know that, but I hope it'll pay off in the end (saving $40 on a good pair of headphones that is rarely discounted).

May 30, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #24 of 33
I bought the last pair. They listed the HD25 as as out of stock shortly after my purchase. Mine are supposed to arrive next Monday. I'll let everyone know what happens then. I get the feeling they won't be getting any additional stock in.

I called eCost to inquire which model they were (1 or SP) and that was like talking to a brick wall. I was told to call Sennheiser. They pretty much told me there would be no returns right up front. So I'm crossing my fingers that these are indeed HD25-1's.

May 30, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else bite on this offer besides Peter and I?

Mine are on the way, DHL scheduled for Friday delivery... I'm going to compare them to my new ES7s and sell one of them...

Drew

May 31, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #30 of 33
As promised, here is my update.

I got a discrete looking brown package with a white label on it addressed from "ECT Warehouse". I open the package and inside the package are a catalog, packing slip, a few bags of air, and of course...

The SENNHEISER HD 25 box in nearly perfect condition. NOT the SP version. Opened it up and indeed saw that the pair of 'phones looked brand new, and it even still had a factory smell. The cable even looks like it was tied at the factory and the little 1/8" to 1/4" adapter is connected on the end of the mini-plug already. Also included were the manual, warranty card, etc. The top of the dual-headband indeed says "Made in Ireland," the cups say the correct model number (HD 25-1, 70 Ohms), and everything seems just peachy.

It shipped on Friday and arrived today via DHL Ground. That's 5 days (including the weekend and Memorial Day), and it shipped on the same day that I ordered them. All in all, my experience with eCOST has been fine. But that's only because I have yet no reason to contact them post-order. I ordered, got a confirmation e-mail, was e-mailed when they were shipped with a tracking number, and got the product packed well safely and all is good.

Now to test these babies out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back