SOLD OUT. Amazon deal of the day- Triple.fi 10 $95
Nov 29, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #261 of 265
Hi joesuburb: I think we should stop derailing the thread, so I'm not going to respond to anything else you have to say here on this matter. I would like to point out there is a false dichotomy in your statement (below), and that I am not entirely on your side, but neither am I sitting diametrically opposite it. That's all there is to say about that.

Quote:
I have no problem being a jerk.  I'm even good at it.  I even rather enjoy it.  But would you rather be on my side, or the side of the guy I quoted below?  Make your choice.

[size=10pt]"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."[/size] - [size=10pt]Joseph Stalin [/size]

Waveblade: you might want to check with the Singaporean Head-Fi'ers, or the local forums, for how good the aftermarket cables are. If they last it certainly seems a worthwhile investment--the stock cables cost ~US$20 each, right?

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #263 of 265
I find it interesting that the moderators are on this board are that proactive. Even if somebody were to purchase with intent to flip in the buy/sell section of this board, I highly doubt anybody would pay a high premium anyway. If the market is aware, then it acknowledges as so. Amusingly enough, I'm also a buy/sell/moderator on a photo forum and we have a policy of banning people who list too many items in the B/S/T section.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #264 of 265
Quote:
Do you have Twitter? You could add Amazon's "deals" account--that's what tipped me off to the TF10 sale. Time difference also helped.

Thanks for the tip, but no I do not. If they have a email subscription thing I throw my spam email address at it but other than that I don't have any of those social networking sites so I can't utilize them. The other thing is I'd have to use a mail forwarding service for me to get (most) electronics to Australia.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #265 of 265
joesuburb: I've been waiting for this nonsense to rear its ugly head, so I'm going to rant. It seems half the time whenever a mod or admin does something someone doesn't like with a thread they post, suddenly we're "protecting the sponsors" and whatever other BS. Let me tell you a few things: I don't get paid to be an admin (I'm a moderator with a couple of extra privileges which jude gave me so I could fix something up and so I could help out with technical issues on the forums, which I was doing back when I was a member).  If you asked me who the sponsors were, I think I could name not many more than half a dozen off the top of my head without first checking.  I have zero and nothing to do with sponsorship and have never been directed in any way shape or form regarding them.  As well, I've seen numerous conspiracy theories about Head-fi and the sponsors and investigated many of them, and none held up under scrutiny. However, I have run a number of online communities over the years and I understand that when money is involved, problems immediately arise and thus the need for clear rules where there are financial interests. 

The whole issue is really very simple: It's about setting clear rules for the preservation of the good spirit of the community.

One clear rule we have is no discussion of politics. As far as I'm concerned, your posts break that rule, if they arguably don't amount to flame-bait or trolling.  Rather than delete your post (which would result in you crying foul and claiming that you were right in your accusations) I'm leaving it here, along with this response. I have zero tolerance for BS, and that especially goes for what you have posted, which does nothing for either this thread or the forums. Also, as this thread has well and truly run its course, I'm going to close it up.  If anyone has any questions, especially if you think I'm being unreasonable with any of this, feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back