SOLD OUT. Amazon deal of the day- Triple.fi 10 $95
Nov 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #181 of 265
I snagged a set of these this morning.  They also had a lightning deal for $140 on Klipsch Image X-5s at the same time that was tempting.  I went with the TF 10s though.  Is there a difference between the regular TF 10 and the TF 10 "Pro" versions or are they the same?

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #183 of 265

Quote:
so anyone wanna comment on how these compare to other non custom high end IEMs?

Snagged ONLY one pair when I couldn't sleep last night

You'll find a bazillion reviews, but in general these are V-shaped, so if you enjoy that sound signature you should be happy.  Deep and powerful bass, really extended and detailed treble - but the mids are really recessed.  Some have complained that these sound veiled, but it's really because the mids (vocals most noticeably) sound as if they're placed farther away.  My stock TF10's had great detail, instrument placement and a solid soundstage.

Because I really missed the mids of my Re0's - I didn't find the TF10's a complete upgrade.  To be totally satisfied, I had to by TF10's with a mid driver added by Unique Melody - which I then had reshelled to fit my ears.  Obviously, that's a whole other level of expense.

I really believe that to be totally happy with the TF10's - you're going to have to judge if you enjoy how the mids are presented.  Not to mention that the fit can be difficult.  Good luck!

I snagged another one of these, the deal was too good to pass up.  I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. 

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #184 of 265
Ya i guess right after i bought them they took that ability off the website, How i had done it while the page was showing the 299 price but under the new/used link you could still buy it for the 95 through amazon... I just checked and that option was removed completely :) I'm so happy i made the impulsive decision when i did lol. And no the processed item is still with tax only charging me 100.xx they cant change the price after you go through the checkout :) and even tho the website says ships after December 25th that isn't an estimated delivery time its just randomly picked 1 month from purchase date I'd assume because it says i will receive an email when they get there information on them.

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #185 of 265

Quote:
I'm ok with it being ban worthy, it keeps these forums from being a marketplace for things. We already have one marketplace, we really don't need another. Plus, head fi is all about the sound, and making that sound availible to everyone. 

so is that how you would describe this thread?  a thread about the sound?

it a thread titled Amazon Deal of the Day $95.  all the responses here are ones i'd expect.
kids stating they bought them, others sad that they missed out, foreigners trying to get in on the deal, and kids admitting they bought to flip.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #186 of 265
Got in on this early and have an expected delivery date of Dec 3 like everyone else who chose free shipping. I'm in Australia though so I'm using a freight forwarder. 

I actually don't need these at all, but its always nice to have a back up pair of IEMs I guess. Just bought a pair of UM3Xs and I doubt I'll like these more.

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #188 of 265

Quote:
oh sorry didnt realize that was ban worthy.  not sure why it is actually.

what don't you understand? 
just read the thread all over again an you will see why..
there are people who missed the deal by a minute or two.
since there is limited stock, if people hadn't bought these to flip for profit, a few more people here would have had a chance to buy these to enjoy them..

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #189 of 265
NO!.
O well, Please Pm if interested and you don't want to flip.

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #190 of 265

Well, who cares, what do you want now, approval or a cheer? keep it to yorself if you stocked up on them and have yourself a ball on ebay!
Quote:
I might be the only Republican on the board, but I don't really understand why anyone should be punished for making some profit by being at the right place at the right time.  I agree, that it stinks if people bought more than the 2 maximum, but I picked up 2 sets without any intention of using them and I don't feel guilty at all about it.  One will go to my nephew as an x-mas gift, and the other I might give to a co-worker as an xmas gift.  I also might try them out myself.  

I'm old, but I really do miss when people used the term, "pinko commie person!".  Haha.

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #191 of 265

Quote:
Well, who cares, what do you want now, approval or a cheer? keep it to yorself if you stocked up on them and have yourself a ball on ebay!
Quote:
I might be the only Republican on the board, but I don't really understand why anyone should be punished for making some profit by being at the right place at the right time.  I agree, that it stinks if people bought more than the 2 maximum, but I picked up 2 sets without any intention of using them and I don't feel guilty at all about it.  One will go to my nephew as an x-mas gift, and the other I might give to a co-worker as an xmas gift.  I also might try them out myself.  

I'm old, but I really do miss when people used the term, "pinko commie person!".  Haha.

He's only making a point,

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #192 of 265
In the same boat, I wanted to buy a pair but texted my buddy to see if he wanted one, by the time he got back to me they were sold out and neither of us got a pair =( 

If anyone bought a pair to gift or for someone else, and changed their mind, I'd be happy to pay you your cost + shipping.

Thanks

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #193 of 265
OMG...cannot believe I missed this again
eek.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #195 of 265

Quote:
OMG...cannot believe I missed this again
eek.gif

Welcome to the club :p Although I wouldn't buy it if I was awake when the deal was up so not much lost on my side. I don't need to spend more money on another universal earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back