Sol Republic HD thoughts
Dec 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Luxer

New Head-Fier
I did a little bit of research before a bought these, they seemed to be one of the best in the price range (~ $100) but I think they are the wrong ones for me. I wanted some new headphones for my PC after I was very disappointed in the CM Storm Sirus 5.1... well those headphones did give a decent 5.1 experience the sound itself was just awful.

The Sol Republic HD's are nice but are not good for gaming really, the bass is just way too heavy. They are also not great for alt rock and metal music. The guitars sound a little washed out. The one area I did like them was for tv/movies, I watched an episode of Game of Thrones and the bass really added to the experience.

Anyways, are there headphones in that price range of $100 that fit my needs? For gaming, rock/metal, and tv/movies?

edit: These were the Sol Republic Tracks HD to be specific.

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 2
I've found that if your going to game you should buy a gaming specific headset cause they are built for gaming. A headset you may want to look into though its above your budget are the Astro A30. They are a solid gaming headset and get the job done when it comes to movies and music. They are 200 though but may be worth saving the extra cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back