Soft fabric cable
Feb 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

orfeo

Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

I'm looks for a cable to replace my UE Super fi 5 pro cable, last time i replaced it with some silver teflon cable off ebay, good cable but its sheath was a thick plastic that was quite rigid and not flexible. Not only did sound travel up the exterior of the cable, i also had to use a coat hanger to recreate the arc the places the cable over the ear. In the end it was this rigid coat hanger that caused the cable to snap. 

I would like to get some soft cable preferably coated in some fabric, i have in mind something similar to the Koss Sporta Pro cable (a flexible black fabric cable) probably around 26 AWG. 

Can anyone suggest anything? Otherwise i assume i'll try out the Mogami W2799 cable, I'm not a huge fan of grey though :)

regards
orfeo

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Cotton bootlaces work very well, just remove the inner stuffing and you are left with a soft cotton tube. These are 5€ focalprice IEMs, cable is vulgar cat-5 ethernet sleeved in cotton, I'm out of Mogami but cat5 is pretty good. A bit of a rush job but you get the idea.

These are my iGrados, SPC cable same sleeve.

and you can always get creative using mountain bootlaces, but they are thicker and heavier so maybe not that good for IEMs, these are AKG k27i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back