SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
Sep 13, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #91 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must be french!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark!

steveio, stop the clowning around, unless that is the disguise you intend to use this time...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #94 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to join. Can someone PM me with the nitty gritty as far as location and other details?
blink.gif

mfueger, welcome! Keep an eye out on the first post of this thread as details will be added as they are known. Are you local or will you be staying in a hotel?

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #95 of 678
I will need a place to stay, hotel or the trusty air matress depending on what' s offered. I am easy going, and I would rather spend the money on equipment than on hotels. But either way is fine. I am coming down from the Orlando area.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #96 of 678
Well I'm local, but will probably be staying in the hotel. That's the best way to get the most out of a Florida meet. The actual meet is usually only a part of the weekend. We usually start the party on Friday night with either a trip to Oz's (local audio store) or out to live music or both, and then the party moves to the hotel. Satuday's the meet and then maybe more live music or whatnot.

I think the hotel is still being worked out as the one we usually stay at is being renovated, and the one we want to use for the meet isn't taking room reservations for less than four nights due to another event.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #97 of 678
OK. Sounds like a plan. I'll have a look out for the hotel of choice and make reservations. It would be great to have a local contact (cell) since I'll be arriving late Friday. I have about 3 1/2 hours to drive, so my ETA will be no sooner than 9:30 or 10. I am very much looking forward to the event!

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #98 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. Sounds like a plan. I'll have a look out for the hotel of choice and make reservations. It would be great to have a local contact (cell) since I'll be arriving late Friday. I have about 3 1/2 hours to drive, so my ETA will be no sooner than 9:30 or 10. I am very much looking forward to the event!

I will pm you my cell number.

The rooms are ready at the Amerisuites that we usually hold the meet at. I'm going to check 3 other hotels in the area for rooms. If any have a decent meet room, I might end up taking it to make it easier for everyone, rather than go out to the Embassy Suites. I should know something by tomorrow night.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #100 of 678
You guys know me, I live vicariously through the SoFla drunken rants, er, I mean meet reports.

Nevertheless, I'm subscribed and you never know.

But just checked with my wife and will definitely be there in the Spring.

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #101 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will pm you my cell number.

The rooms are ready at the Amerisuites that we usually hold the meet at. I'm going to check 3 other hotels in the area for rooms. If any have a decent meet room, I might end up taking it to make it easier for everyone, rather than go out to the Embassy Suites. I should know something by tomorrow night.

Mike, that might be better. I'm thinking that for those of us who are bringing gear and staying at one hotel, to get it out of the car and up to the room for a night, then back down to the car to schlep over to another hotel for the meet, then back down to the car and back to the other hotel and back up to the room before going out at night is a drag.

The Monkey, don't you think it's time you made it to one of our meets? This one is a special training session for CanJan '08 and attendence is advised.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #102 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike, that might be better. I'm thinking that for those of us who are bringing gear and staying at one hotel, to get it out of the car and up to the room for a night, then back down to the car to schlep over to another hotel for the meet, then back down to the car and back to the other hotel and back up to the room before going out at night is a drag.

The Monkey, don't you think it's time you made it to one of our meets? This one is a special training session for CanJan '08 and attendence is advised.

I will look around today.

It's Monkey time in Florida in October!

I found a Hampton Inn about 2 minutes from Let There Be Sound to give you an idea as to the location. The room is 1075 sq.ft which should be big enough. I will speak to the sales person tomorrow. Right now the room would be $400 (Amersuites used to be $200) compared to $200 for a bigger room at the ES. The rooms are $149/night. I will hopefully be able to get both the meet room and hotel room prices down a bit. I should know tomorrow. The hotel is probably a bit nicer than the Amerisuites.

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #103 of 678
Hampton Inn is a no go. They have no hotel rooms available as they will be filled with 100 girls for a softball tournament that weekend. I still have rooms at the Amerisuites and the meet room at the ES. I will look at some other choices tomorrow.

Sep 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #105 of 678
change the date. it is official, i have to be at a wedding in n.c. or i will be toast. at the last florida meet, i missed my granddaughter's 1st birthday & that did not go over very well. i am skating on thin ice around here these days.

next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back