SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
Sep 25, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #166 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "tyrion". You're tyrion. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

What about a biblical name like "Duderonomy"?

The holyness association can also be factored in with the underware line.

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #168 of 678
Dang. I go off to work for a couple days and this thread is filled with two new pages of expected drivel. I shall redirect:

Gear. I have nothing new that I know about, and just sold my Darth Beyers, stock K340s, and Hornet, so I'll have even less. I just ordered the TakeT, but based on projected waiting time, Gene's may be the only one in attendence. The Diablo was reported to have been shipped last week, but no surprises here......nada.
mad.gif
Thrice has modded my Canamp by replacing the garbage power cord and putting black gates in the power supply. Per his pm: "BTW, that amp with a pair of Sennheiser HD201...has no business whatsoever sounding THAT good. I think you'll like it." If true to my ears, I'll be selling either my PRII or SR-71 or both. So, to cut to the chase, here's what I'll definitely bring:

Headphones:

K1000 (stock/Equinox tail)
MDR-R10
K340s (maybe...if I keep delaying sending them to Larry for retermination)
HD650
HD600

Amps:

Extreme Platinum
Heed Canamp
Heed Obelisk integrated
FirstWatt F1
Larocco PRII (maybe)
SR-71 (maybe)

Sources:

Exemplar Denon 2900
Lector 0.6T
imod
ipod (photo and nano)
MacBook Pro (looking to try out DACs)

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #169 of 678
For those interested, here is the stuff I'll be dragging along. I know there are some common components, so tell me if I can leave it at home:
  1. HD650 (stock)
  2. HD600 (full Larry mod, cable and closed wood)
  3. SR-325i (full Larry mod)
  4. RS-1 (stock)
  5. PX-100
  6. Stello DAC
  7. Manley SkipJack (might come in handy)
  8. HeadRoom Cosmic Reference '04 w/ BS One
  9. Meier Audio Aria
  10. Dared MP-5 (no extra tubes...)
  11. AKG-701
  12. DiMarzio ICs
  13. Zu Power Cable(s)
  14. SR-60
  15. headphone splitters (one made by Larry) and diverse other cables

As you can tell from the list I will not be bringing along any significant source, maybe my iPod, so I'll be looking forward to trying some of your stuff if the opportunity presents itself.

If you can manage, I'd be interested in the SR-71, so tag it along if you have it. Also, if you can think of anything else that may be of value over the weekend, let me know (pm).

Cheers,
Markus

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #171 of 678
Add a Rockhopper Mini³ to my list! Thrice must have accidentally dropped one in the Canamp box, and he's never getting it back.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I've been listening now for about an hour with my Yuin Pk1s, and am suitably impressed, orange light and all. This is a no-brainer for someone looking for a portable amp in this price-range, and even above. Stomps the Go-Vibes I've heard. Gotta find where I hid my adapters so I can try it out on my full-sized cans. THANKS, STEPHAN!!!!!!! You will not be buying your own Mind Erasers at the meet!

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #172 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add a Rockhopper Mini³ to my list! Thrice must have accidentally dropped one in the Canamp box, and he's never getting it back.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I've been listening now for about an hour with my Yuin Pk1s, and am suitably impressed, orange light and all. This is a no-brainer for someone looking for a portable amp in this price-range, and even above. Stomps the Go-Vibes I've heard. Gotta find where I hid my adapters so I can try it out on my full-sized cans. THANKS, STEPHAN!!!!!!!

So that's where that went
wink.gif

Glad you like it.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #174 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have an iMod to bring to the meet?

Yup. I'll also bring the SR-71 you asked for in the other post and the Larocco. Miguel's PRII is different from mine, so it will be a nice to compare them.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #176 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfueger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now we're cooking! I am very much looking forward to hearing all of the above. Hopefully some of the things I am bringing along will be of interest as well. Thanks!!!

It will be definitely interesting to hear the diff between HD600s. I'm also interested in the Stello.

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #178 of 678
Sacrilege? I don't think so. This is a very special headphone hanger. It was a chair from my sons room when he was born. I couldn't figure out to do with it so it's my new headphone hanger.
k1000smile.gif

011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back