Sofa Plucking Numismatist: What do you do with your change?
Jun 17, 2008 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Samgotit

Headphoneus Supremus
A post in the Watch thread got me curious:

Does anyone else hoard change (e.g., pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters)?

What do you put it in?

How often do "cash out"?

What was your biggest take?

Do you buy something specific with your change each time or have a certain item in mind now?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have no set time to cash out. When the jug is to heavy to move, I empty it.

My biggest take was around $850.

I don't usually have anything in mind to buy, but I certainly don't put it in the bank or pay a bill.

Here's what I put it in. It's a lovely blue milk tin.
004.jpg

I refuse to spend my change. I hate digging for it. I hate carrying it. I hate counting it out, and I hate others that do so if it means holding up a line in a store. Fellow still-in-circulation numismatist, post here and be recognized.

Jun 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Whatever change I find, I used for coffee. I initially wanted to fund plans for world domination, but that idea teetered out sometime around puberty.

Jun 17, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 8
i have one of those big plastic beer bottle banks where i throw in change.

i dont really let stuff build up in there, i think i had about 100 in there before i cashed out once

Jun 17, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Keep mine in an old werthers original tin for pound coins and a big plastic coke bottle for everythin else
with willpower i could save fortune but invariably spend it on crap lol

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 8
An old glass Laura Scudders peanut butter jar. I ate the peanut butter years ago, washed it and have been tossing change in there since. The usual haul is around $40. I cash it in at the market and spend it on food. Usually work a six pack in there, too.

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 8
I keep my change in a fish bowl (sans fish). It's around $300+ when full, depending on what kind of change is in it. I cash out whenever it starts spilling over onto the dresser, and last time I got a bunch of concert DVDs with it.

Jun 18, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 8
waht about the stack of 100s under it?

Jun 18, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #8 of 8
I have a small tray-drawer which usually manages to accumulate enough for 1 or 2 pints of T before its raided for that very purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back