SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Mar 21, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #16 of 391
sweetness. The one good thing about being down in LA for a while is I get to attend these SoCal meets i've heard so much about
rs1smile.gif

are there usually tastey things to snack on? and comfy sitting devices? the Seattle WA meet i went to was cramped, no snack foods, hot and not enough chairage.

oh and we should specifiy whether it's standalone only, or PC rigs are allowed.

Mar 23, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #17 of 391
Last meet, there was room and 3 pc rigs were brought. I think iron dreamer and jasper994 brought their full blown pc rigs and Ed brought over his (at the time) work in progress ht/musicpc. With that said, I think only space constraints and maybe isolation from pc generated noise will prevent you from bringing a computer if you arrange it with Ed, assuming we use his place.

Mar 23, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #18 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
sweetness. The one good thing about being down in LA for a while is I get to attend these SoCal meets i've heard so much about
rs1smile.gif

are there usually tastey things to snack on? and comfy sitting devices? the Seattle WA meet i went to was cramped, no snack foods, hot and not enough chairage.

oh and we should specifiy whether it's standalone only, or PC rigs are allowed.

If I host, PC rigs are always allowed and encouraged, unless you have jet turbine Delta fans in yours.

Tasty snacks? Absolutely.
Comfy sitting devices? Uh, probably not, unless you particulary like folding chairs.

-Ed

Mar 28, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #23 of 391
I'll bring my pc rig - can I bring my speakers too... I'm not sure if I can even have my amp on without speakers attached so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
If I host, PC rigs are always allowed and encouraged, unless you have jet turbine Delta fans in yours.

Tasty snacks? Absolutely.
Comfy sitting devices? Uh, probably not, unless you particulary like folding chairs.

-Ed

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #24 of 391
Hope the date/location(city?) jives with my work schedule.

I should have SuperMacro v.3 by then.

I can also bring my quiet PC with Lynx card installed as well as empirical audio modded Transit.

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #25 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Hope the date/location(city?) jives with my work schedule.

I should have SuperMacro v.3 by then.

I can also bring my quiet PC with Lynx card installed as well as empirical audio modded Transit.

eek.gif

Lynx? nice.

Apr 16, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #28 of 391
I will look into seeing how and what it takes to rent out the "clubhouse" at my condo's main building.

It looks to be plenty of space, but lacking on a few key items.

Namely tables, parking, and air conditioning.

I'll talk to the property manager, but I'm thinking a bunch of people listening to headphones wouldn't be a problem. I don't think speakers will be kosher though.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back