So you have your heaphones. What song gives you that 'feeling' when you use them?
Jul 25, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #16 of 45
Listening with my E4s, out of 2G iPod Mini through Ray's new Hornet amp at the Ft. Worth meet this weekend, one of my favorites brought a tear to my eye. Most probably haven't heard it, as they're a little known prog band. But if you ever get a chance to listen to More Than Meets the Eye by Jadis, check out the title track (and the entire CD for that matter). Starts with a beautiful flute solo and transitions to a gorgeous song.

Jul 25, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #19 of 45
D66 gives me that chilling feeling when I'm listening to instrumentals or female vocals. The isolation, soundstage, and great midrange/highs all contribute. No amp needed
eggosmile.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #20 of 45
Jean-Michel Jarre, "Equinoxe, Part VII", from The Concerts in China (or parts 6 and 7 off the studio album)

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #21 of 45
Radiohead - There There is the song that really makes me 'feel it.' There are a few RH songs I like more, but this is the only one that has ever made me, well

:looks around room nervously:

cried.

:|

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
..where the separation between left and right is obvious

bump..
For me that is what i love about headphones.

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #24 of 45
Well I think that are many songs that easily fall into place for me as well.

The immediate song that comes to mind is Rush-2112. To me this the ultimate headphone song….

Lately Alterbridge- Down to my Last

MS-1

Keith Ashwood

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:45 PM Post #25 of 45
Guns'n'Roses-Paradise City. IMO, one of the best songs ever. Also everyone wiht a good pair of headphones owes it to themselves to listen to Lenny Kravitz's cover of American Woman. Not one of my favorite songs by any means but the sound (especially the opening guitar) is absolutely outstanding if you have some nice cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChemist
Radiohead - There There is the song that really makes me 'feel it.' There are a few RH songs I like more, but this is the only one that has ever made me, well

:looks around room nervously:

cried.

:|

crying doesn't make you a wimp. great music should be felt to the hilt, and if tears are the result, so be it.

the final act of wagner's ring cycle had me in tears. i didn't care that anyone in the operahouse could see. it was a powerful emotional catharsis and i wasn't going to waste it by holding back.

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
crying doesn't make you a wimp. great music should be felt to the hilt, and if tears are the result, so be it.

the final act of wagner's ring cycle had me in tears. i didn't care that anyone in the operahouse could see. it was a powerful emotional catharsis and i wasn't going to waste it by holding back.

Exactly - horror and sadness and "HOSH IT" all put together when Maria Callas goes off on...

"TOSCA: Presto! Su, Mario! Mario! Su! Presto! Andiam!"

I thought the HP2 was haunted after that performance, so I had to dumb it back down with a few rounds of "No Scrubs" by TLC
icon10.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

No no, I know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back