So you have your heaphones. What song gives you that 'feeling' when you use them?
Jul 25, 2005 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

warnsey

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sitting here surfing the net listening to Yo-Yo Ma on the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon soundtrack through my K501's and i had that 'feeling'. You all know that feeling i'm talking about the one where a song starts and shivers go through your spine and there is that intense moment of aural bliss where everything is just perfect.

Now most of us here have spent big $$$ on headphones and amps.My question to you is what the end result like after all that money spent and trial and error, what headphone + song combination/ artist just blows you away everytime you listen?

Jul 25, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 45
Happens all the time... There are a lot of songs that do that to me...
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 45
that's easy....
guzzler G-moy => MS2, SRV's rendition of "Little Wing"... spine-chilling IMHO.

honorable mentions:
Joe Satriani "Flying in a blue dream", Live at the warfield
Dreamtheater "Wait for Sleep", Live in tokyo
Metallica "One", "Stone Cold Crazy"
Iron Maiden "666 the number of the beast"
Queen "We will rock you"
Van Halen "Unchained"

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 45
Nightwish - Walking in the Air (Version from their live cd "From Wishes to Eternity")
Dream Theater - As I am (Version from "Live at Budokan"); first guitar solo

340smile.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #9 of 45
Heavily depends on the mood...

Vivaldi, "Quattro Staggione", Summer, by Berliner Philarmoniker, directed by G. von Karajan...

Sarah Brightman, "Live From Las Vegas", Harem Ouverture...

Tomaso Albinoni, "Adagio"...

Oscar Benton "Bensonhurst Blues"...

Oh, and one Russian song - "You used to offer me roses" - it's so beautiful, and an extreme test for cans' bass extension and reproduction!

in fact, I think I MUST share it with all of you! Can only do it as an MP3, but that's a topic for another forum section, right?

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:18 AM Post #10 of 45
Off topic, but isnt there a Russian version of Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss ?
biggrin.gif

Back to topic, something like Sade - Smooth Operator will move me.

Or Yo Yo Ma - Soul of The Tango (can't really remember which track)

Funnily enough, I also find George Michael - Careless Whisper quite a moving experience... I think it depends on your personal sentimental value.

Jul 25, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
Off topic, but isnt there a Russian version of Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss ?
biggrin.gif

I am not sure I know what you're talking about... But it's off-topic, I'll PM you 'bout this.

Jul 25, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #13 of 45
There is so many of those...

Two weeks ago, on a quiet, lazy Sunday morning it was Dave Brubeck's "Jazz Impressions Of Japan".

Last weekend it was Mozart's "Requiem" conducted by Jordi Savall - extremely emotional performance.

Each time seasons change I enjoy listening to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" perfromed by ASMF/Marriner - the sweetest "Four Seasons" I've ever heard.

But the #1 artist has always been and always will be: Sade - anything!!! She and her band never fails to move.

Jul 25, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #14 of 45
Whenever a song just seems to come in right i get that feeling but the ones that always get me..

Hey You -Pink Floyd
Wish you Were Here -Pink Floyd
Stairway to Heaven -Led Zeppelin
Girls -Death in Vegas
Queen Bitch -David Bowie
...a couple....

Jul 25, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #15 of 45
For me, there is one single special song that must be heard with headphones. It doesn't only give you chills, but much more. Listen for yourself.

Anathema - Judgement (the title track from the Judgement-album)

-Taurui

Users who are viewing this thread

Back