So...who's using Windows 7 right now?
Jun 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #151 of 164
The disc only comes with one license so you would have to buy another to install on more than one.

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #152 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The disc only comes with one license so you would have to buy another to install on more than one.

The Beta though can be installed on multiple computers because you can keep getting keys from Microsoft. That's if you want to run the Beta of course. I have had no issues whatsoever (other than my own stupid fault)
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #153 of 164
Using Windows 7 x64 RC on my HTPC. I really like it and it runs fantastic on a Venice 3000+, 1 GB DDR and 7800GT. I will definitely be buying that pre-order to upgrade my main computer.

My only issue is that the taskbar may take some getting used to. I haven't figured out how to minimize a window from the taskbar when having two windows up (If two Firefox windows are up and I press on the FF icon)

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #154 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by e v o /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only issue is that the taskbar may take some getting used to. I haven't figured out how to minimize a window from the taskbar when having two windows up (If two Firefox windows are up and I press on the FF icon)

The only way I know how to do that would be to click on the FF icon so the two small windows pop up, click on the one you want minimized and minimize it the normal way. They may still change this in the RTM; I have it on good authority that there is a new GUI and kernel that are not yet implemented in the betas of Windows 7, so the RTM will look and run different.

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #155 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only way I know how to do that would be to click on the FF icon so the two small windows pop up, click on the one you want minimized and minimize it the normal way. They may still change this in the RTM; I have it on good authority that there is a new GUI and kernel that are not yet implemented in the betas of Windows 7, so the RTM will look and run different.

There is actually an option I just found that sets it up like Vista and XP. Separate taskbar instances of different windows. I don't remember the option now, but it's taskbar properties.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #156 of 164
When you have more than one instance of firefox running - hover over or left click your ff icon in the taskbar until you see the large preview icons split up, right click on the one you want to minimize and click "minimize"

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #157 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by e v o /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is actually an option I just found that sets it up like Vista and XP. Separate taskbar instances of different windows. I don't remember the option now, but it's taskbar properties.

Oh yeah. Right click the Taskbar and go to Properties, and where it says "Taskbar buttons:" select "Never combine" from the drop down menu. Forgot about that
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back