So Who's Getting an iPhone?
Jun 30, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #166 of 257
Oh, but's what great about the iphone, even though as a mac user it didn't feel amazingly new - is that with it's sleek OSX browser, all those people who don't own a mac are going to go: Wow! I'm going to get an Apple computer next!

Now THAT I aspect of the phone I really like!

MICROSOFT, YOU'RE GOING DOWN

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #170 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPhone's recessed headphone jack does NOT work with most headphones.

Doh! Does it still work with a pocket dock line out at least?

-Ed

thats one thing I wanna know, that would be nice to have your phone in your line out dock (esp a pricey one) with aportable amp and some custom iems..

youll rock the iphone in a new breed of I-fi

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #171 of 257
Jul 1, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #172 of 257
A lot of people say that poster has been trolling the iphone for awhile.

Personally, if I'd bought an iphone I wouldnt worry too much about overlooked software features. A cure is called an update. Something Apple does regularly and to great effect. Not like waiting for nokia or motorola to issue an update. (Do they issue updates? They sure has hell don't let you know.) Since this phone runs OSX, you can expect regular updates and improvments - just like itunes or the rest of the mac OS. No real skin off the nose.

Now, can someone tell me what language I can write in on the mac to start producing some widget for this damn thing. I'm convinced this is going to drive me back into programming!

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #173 of 257
IMHO iPhone is quite attractive. I'm not a fan of smartphone. My cellphone priorities are long battery, good reception, small and unlocked. I don't use my cell for photo, camera, video recorder or listening to music.
In this case, iPhone has some negative marks on my priorities
Unreplaceable battery
Locked to AT&T, I have bad experience w/ AT&T/Cingular and will never get that provider again
Inability for fast dial or voice dialing.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #174 of 257
no i will not buy one of these for a long time as the price is crazy and the sevices suck for it. also its too shiny, you are going to see people wiping the dang thing off more then using it like a phone.

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #176 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine, was first in line at the mall. I LOVE IT!

Pics soon.

I heard that if you are browsing the web on edge data service (not wifi, make sure wifi is off) or email is being sent or transmitted your phone will not work. It sends all incoming calls straight to voice mail.

Apple stated this was to improve edge service performance.

Is this true?

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #177 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard that if you are browsing the web on edge data service (not wifi, make sure wifi is off) or email is being sent or transmitted your phone will not work. It sends all incoming calls straight to voice mail.

Apple stated this was to improve edge service performance.

Is this true?

Depends on how EDGE works. I don't know much about EDGE, but on Sprint, if I am connected to EVDO network, I can receive calls while connected to EVDO. It's because they are two different data lines. Basically, the cell phone call interrupts (pauses) and I can take the call. Then after the call is done I can pick up right where I left off, since it's still connected. Works the same way when I'm tethered to my laptop, using my phone as a USB modem.

With 1xRTT connection (not EVDO), since it's on the same cellular band voice and text messaging is carried on, if I'm connected to DATA services, calls will go straight to my voice mail.

I suspect EDGE is carried on the standard cellular line as well. It's not a matter of improving services, it's just a limitation of that particular data connection.

-Ed

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #178 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, if I'd bought an iphone I wouldnt worry too much about overlooked software features. A cure is called an update. Something Apple does regularly and to great effect.

How ironic that when Microsoft releases an uncomplete product, it's called a "patch" and is considered a band aid fix.

-Ed

Jul 1, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #179 of 257
I will!
When Apple decide its time to let the rest of the world take part of the "fun"...
Hopefully at that time it have UMTS support as well.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #180 of 257
I will be ordering one very soon, but I want the Tsunami to recede a bit first. I read all of the literature and decided that I better talk to someone at the AT and T Store, because I want to keep my phone number, I want to keep my current phone for my wife with a different phone number, and I want to add her line to my plan. I hope that all of this is possible!
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back