So who's getting a DS Lite?
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
I most certainly am for my birthday, and I can't wait! anyone else getting one, or has gotten one already?

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 26
i got mine on the 1st! through sears.com, picked it up at the store...they took it down from the site later that day though.

Jun 3, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 26
Nintendo portables lost my interest after GBC. I've owned a GBP GBC and GBA I played the GBA every once in a while, but it was just not that fun. I got a psp, and I love every minute with it. Socom, GTA, and so much more.

I just find that a lot of the DS games aren't very exciting. Also, if you want to use homebrew, its a lot easier on a psp, where on the DS, you have to buy some passme card, or something like that. You also don't get a web browser or RSS streaming music on DS, though they are making a web browser you can purchase. PSP now has downloadable game demos on the newest firmware update, but you can't use homebrew on the new firmwares.

I also only got my psp, because my friend sold me his for $160 with all accessories and 2 games.
icon10.gif
If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have a psp or a ds. (by the way, he sold his ds for a psp)

Jun 3, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 26
Having no use for a DS... they sure look cool.
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 26
I definetly am. I'm hoping that amazon.com will allow me to use my gift cert there even though the DS Lite is sold through their affiliate Toys R Us.

Oh yes this is coming from a PSP owner
tongue.gif

I'm selling my 1.5 on ebay, hope to get a good amount for it. In my opinion Metal Gear Acid was the only fun game on the system. GTA was ok, but was simply a remake of an already good game. Homebrew is shady at best on the PSP, nothing really fun. SNES emulation is average at best, with really poor performance on most of the better games. I loved my PSP for the first month I had it, but the novelty factor has worn off.

Jun 3, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 26
Mine's been in my possession for a few weeks now (hooray Japan). I face constant ridicule from the one PSP owner I know, but I've converted at least 2 of his friends to the DS, so it all works out.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 26
it did interest me for a while, but not any more. I have the PSP and havent touched it for months. I find it difficult for me to justify spending my time playing video games when Im out and about.

plus I just dont find the games immersive in public areas. Im usually on my lap top working when Im out and about.

the most portable gaming Id probably do is the ones that came free with my cell phone. Ill usually use that when Im waiting in a line or something.

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 26
I bought a PSP last week and have been more than happy with it. That said, I am heavily debating also owning a DS Lite. It is a very appealing system with many interesting looking games.

For Canadians: Future Shop has a $15 off $150 coupon running June 2-11. There is a code for online, as well as a printable for in store. Good luck with the in store one, since it will probably be low stock on release day (June 11, also when the coupon expires).

Note the DS does not total $150, you need a filler item for at least 1 cent.

e-certificate code: $15JUNEC736865896792

Printable Version:
http://newsletter.futureshop.com/200.../en/coupon.pdf

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #11 of 26
Nope, but I'm going to buy Nintendo stock
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

(It's traded on PinkSheets, BTW. The ticker is NTDOY.)

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 26
My existing DS is more than sufficient.

I have a PSP already as well, and I really like both. Daxter and Lumines are more than enough reason to buy a PSP.

Typically the DS resides in the can and my PSP in my nightside table. Though with the release of the new Mario Brothers the DS is getting all the love.

I don't even use my portables for portable use. Just for when I want to game in bed or on the John!

P.S. If I ever try to sell my DS on here, you probably don't want to buy it.

Jun 4, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
Typically the DS resides in the can and my PSP in my nightside table.

You have made me rethink every single used item purchase I have made...I feel unhygienic right now.

Jun 4, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #14 of 26
Not me, just sold my ds for $100 CAD.

Jun 4, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
Having no use for a DS... they sure look cool.
icon10.gif

Ditto.

No portable systems for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back