Sep 1, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #32 of 49
That, and you have to see it..
biggrin.gif

Can't be read..

Sep 1, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
Gee pinkfloyd...that's too much stuff too read

Yes, it would be hard going for a Dutchman.... maybe the video would be easier to follow?

Sep 1, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
For stand up I'd vote Bernard Manning....... for sitcom I'd vote Leonard Rossiter......... for tall person I'd vote John Cleese
wink.gif

In australia, People have this ridiculous and absolutley deplorable habit of saying "TA" instead of Thank You. Almost as if someone slapped you.

yesterday someone said it to me and I kinda went of on them.
What I essentially said was

"TA....Hmmm... Does it hurt your vocal chords to say thank you or maybe it is too sophisticated for us savages to understand thank you, hence you deiced to use TA but that's Ok that's alright , Do enjoy your dinner, your silly bitch..."

Funny thing is rather than take offence, the lady actually started laughing as did the other people on our table.
Then this guy just decided to put the icing on the cake and mentioned that it was as if John Cleese had exchanged souls with me for a moment.
Come to think of it, John Cleese would have done a brilliant job if Fawlty Towers had happened in Aus and some idiot had said TA.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

I hope I did not offend anyone

Sep 1, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
In australia, People have this ridiculous and absolutley deplorable habit of saying "TA" instead of Thank You. Almost as if someone slapped you.

yesterday someone said it to me and I kinda went of on them.
What I essentially said was

"TA....Hmmm... Does it hurt your vocal chords to say thank you or maybe it is too sophisticated for us savages to understand thank you, hence you deiced to use TA but that's Ok that's alright , Do enjoy your dinner, your silly bitch..."

Funny thing is rather than take offence, the lady actually started laughing as did the other people on our table.
Then this guy just decided to put the icing on the cake and mentioned that it was as if John Cleese had exchanged souls with me for a moment.
Come to think of it, John Cleese would have done a brilliant job if Fawlty Towers had happened in Aus and some idiot had said TA.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

I hope I did not offend anyone

Ta for sharing and don't forget to tie your kangaroo down sport
wink.gif

btw neighbours: 2 /10
Prisoner cell block H: 7/10 (he used to bring me roses!) Val Leehman rocks
Home and away: -1 /10

Sep 1, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Do enjoy your dinner, you silly bitch...

Mwawahahahahahhahaaaaaa!! That's awesome..
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

yes minister: 9 / 10 (but you have to be English)

hey, i dig that show and i ain't british!

Basil Fawlty: Is something wrong?
4th German: Will you please stop talking about the war?
Basil Fawlty: Me? You started it!
4th German: We did not start it.
Basil Fawlty: Yes you did, you invaded Poland.

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
hey, i dig that show and i ain't british!

I confer on you honorary Englishness in the name of Her Majesty the Queen.

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:55 AM Post #40 of 49
Yes Minister was great (and I'm not British).
LOVED Python (have to buy the DVD set, maybe for Xmas...) Have quoted some of those for years. Too bad most of my friends just look at me oddly when I do!

What about Black Adder? Gets old, but I do think Roald (sp?) Atkinson can be hilarious. I thought he did a nice job spoofing Bond in the movie "Johnny English", hope they do a sequel. If you like physical British humor, rent it...

And Brits say "Ta" too. I had a boyfriend that always did...

Love that Brit humour!!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #41 of 49
I think my personal vote goes to the psychiatry episode with "Dairy Psychiatrists" and "It's the mind"...
wink.gif
And of couse the episode with Michael Palin standing arounds out in the greens in a bishop robe trying several queer sounding intonations of "Oh, Mr. Belpit, my leg is so swollen." The one about "Naughty Bits" (all well covered, of course!
wink.gif
) was also great, when I come to think of it...

PF: Do you happen to know the two German episodes of MPFC, as well? Nice stuff - especially when you recognize some of the locations. Apparently, they must have shot some of the scenes in Munich.

Oh, and of course I forgot to mention John Cleese doing the "Silly Walk" (even more impressive in "MP Live at the Hollywood Bowl" - also including the legendary Terry Jones in "AAAAAlbatrosssss!!!!"
biggrin.gif
).

I'm not much a a fan, though. I deny everything.
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover (= vacation in Munich is over...
frown.gif
*sigh*)!

Manfred / lini

Sep 2, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Ta for sharing and don't forget to tie your kangaroo down sport
wink.gif

btw neighbours: 2 /10
Prisoner cell block H: 7/10 (he used to bring me roses!) Val Leehman rocks
Home and away: -1 /10

Oy mate
mad.gif
I don't want to read 2/10 for Neighbours while I'm having my brekky. I learned how to speak proper English from that show. I reckon those aussies have a pretty decent sence of humour.
Ok, it's just a soap opera. But there have been some good jokes in it. Ever seen the episode with Harold practicing for lolypop man? A real beaut that was!
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Flying docters: 8/10
Paradise beach: Ouch/10

Sep 2, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Oy mate
mad.gif
I don't want to read 2/10 for Neighbours while I'm having my brekky. I learned how to speak proper English from that show. I reckon those aussies have a pretty decent sence of humour.
Ok, it's just a soap opera. But there have been some good jokes in it. Ever seen the episode with Harold practicing for lolypop man? A real beaut that was!
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Flying docters: 8/10
Paradise beach: Ouch/10

Hi Lisa

Whatever you say don't call Neighbours funny, When I want to fall asleep I just run the neighbours dvd and I am out before 5 minutes are up.

Of course, us aussies have a sense of humour, don't you knwoeveryone else just copied us
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

kunwar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back