So who is still using a Rio Karma?
Oct 20, 2010 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
I got mine up and running again recently.  Had to send it in for a board swap when the - volume broke.  The guy swapped out the board and placed some glue onto the volume connectors inside to keep them from breaking off, essentially losing connection.  Yeah, this is the second time it happened to me so I had a lot of unfortunate experiences with that.  I almost forgot how great this little player sounds, I've been using my iriver H180 (not a typo) exclusively for the last 6 months or so so my ears are thanking me right now.  I plan on upgrading the storage in a few months if this repair proves reliable.  

So, anyone else still chugging along with their Karma?  I've yet to find a similar unit that powers my Shure se530's like this player does.  

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 9
still one of the best player in my collection.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #5 of 9
Does anybody know how the Karma line out compare with new players (Hifiman, sflo2...)? I've been disappointed by the lack of improvement between my 6 years old Vaio Pocket and the sflo2. I'm wondering if most people here haven't been used to old ipods for too long.

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Does anybody know how the Karma line out compare with new players (Hifiman, sflo2...)? I've been disappointed by the lack of improvement between my 6 years old Vaio Pocket and the sflo2. I'm wondering if most people here haven't been used to old ipods for too long.

Not sure,  I do have the cradle/dock but don't have an amp to test it out with.  The headphone out is extremely musical thanks to its powerful EQ and headphone output (55mW/16Ohms).   I'm listening to my 7506's right now with NIN's The Downward Spiral and it sounds fantastic...plus it has gapless playback.  

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Man, I miss my Karma.  Loved that little player...  My hard drive died on that player and it was a sad day.

Oct 22, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 9
Replace the hard disk to CF card.

Quote:
Man, I miss my Karma.  Loved that little player...  My hard drive died on that player and it was a sad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back