So who got a PS3 tonight?
Nov 18, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #77 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do all you ps3 ebayers have to act immature? Is it like a requisite?
confused.gif

Oh yes.

$2400 in "funny money" at a gamer's expense. Beautiful.

Say it with me: Champagne Room!

Nov 18, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #78 of 103
I dont understand what all the fuss is about... the launch titles for this system arent that great...

Nov 18, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #79 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand what all the fuss is about... the launch titles for this system arent that great...

ebay profit and bragging rights

Nov 18, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #80 of 103
What's with the scaling issues I' am hearing about? Anyone run into a problem yet?

Nov 18, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #81 of 103
I believe the scaling issue has to do with people with 1080i televisions that have a game running in 720.It will not upscale it but actually downscale it to 480P.Or something like that.I'm sure it's nothing that can't be fixed soon after.

Nov 19, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #82 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the scaling issue has to do with people with 1080i televisions that have a game running in 720.It will not upscale it but actually downscale it to 480P.Or something like that.I'm sure it's nothing that can't be fixed soon after.

Elseswhere they are saying that the Sony has no scaler to do the proper scaling, which would explain how they got a BR player in ther on the cheap.

If that is the case, I'm not sure software can fix the issue.

Nov 19, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #83 of 103
Sony keeps "forgetting" to inform us of important stuff... are they trying to lose consumers?

Nov 19, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #84 of 103
It only affects HDTVs that can only accept 480i, 480p, and 1080i signals. The console can't upscale from 720p to 1080i so the only alternative is to downscale to 480p. It shouldn't affect very many people because most HDTVs within the past few years can accept a 720p signal.

Nov 19, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #85 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony keeps "forgetting" to inform us of important stuff... are they trying to lose consumers?

They made a $600 dollar console that could easily be costing $400 if some dumbass didn't decide to put in a brand new, problematic, blu-ray player. Who the hell even really wants one? The movies themselves for that thing are about $40. So yeah, i would say they are trying to lose consumers.

Nov 19, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #87 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They made a $600 dollar console that could easily be costing $400 if some dumbass didn't decide to put in a brand new, problematic, blu-ray player. Who the hell even really wants one? The movies themselves for that thing are about $40. So yeah, i would say they are trying to lose consumers.

Actually that is one smart move on including a blu ray drive.The games are getting so huge just this first generation of games that the extra space is a must and it's use as a media player is a great thing.

Nov 19, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #88 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually that is one smart move on including a blu ray drive.The games are getting so huge just this first generation of games that the extra space is a must and it's use as a media player is a great thing.

I get the feeling that the blu-ray included with the ps3 will be subpar compared to the upcoming standalones... I recall how crappy the ps2 dvd player was. *shutters*

If blu-ray bombs in the next-gen format war... people are gonna be pissed.

Nov 19, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #89 of 103
I know a person who was offering $100 to any person that he knew that would pre-order a ps3 and then give the receipt to him. And surprisingly, he got ten people to do it and so for giving a hundred, he's getting nearly 20-25:1 for his "investment."

I'm not so surprised at the people who are doing this to sell it on ebay just more surprised that people are really willing to shell out 2000-3000 dollars for this. I mean waiting a couple of months or even the after christmas sale could've been considerably cheaper than this. Patience truly is a virtue.
cool.gif

Nov 19, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #90 of 103
The people who buy these first systems and sell them in my opinion are just feeding supply and demand. If they want to make a grand by selling a hard-to-get console then good for them. I still think that if that's the best use of your time to do that then it's pretty low. If you buy it then decide you'd rather not have it and go for the money, whatever, I can't knock anyone for that. But people who line up knowing that they're going to sell it on ebay the second they get home are just losers. Simple as that.

This system is amazing from what I've seen and read, and it will quite literally beat out the 360, but PS3s take a hit by being a year late, and they have to contend with a lower-priced 360 and a new release of the Wii, each another part of their market. Granted, the PS3 will sell fine, but I think we can all find other ways to fuel 1800-4000$ right now, or even 600$+tax in the future. I'm not really happy that I'd have to shell out 600$+tax then another ~60$+tax for each game, then controllers, then memory sticks, then a 100$ HDMI cable. But to the hardcore, there's no price that can keep them from owning a PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back